Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Clay Stone
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Hi Fellas,

Just started playing OSC for the first time yesterday and i have a few questions on the rules.

1. Trace Supply:
There is Trace Supply and Combat Supply, with trace supply if my mech unit is out of range to be in trace supply he becomes OOS, i understand. But what happens if he is out of range of trace supply but is next to a supply dump, does he need to pull from the supply dump and eat "1 token" to stay in supply even though he is not doing and combat or movement? Or is just being next to a supply dump good enough to keep him in "Trace Supply"?

2. Exploitation:
There is a rule during combat on the combat result table that will allow a player to put their units in exploit mode. My question is, let's say my unit moved his full movement allowance during his movement phase and during my combat phase i received this result to put my unit in exploit mode. Am I allowed to move my unit now in exploit mode even though i already used up my MA during my movement phase? Is this free movement getting this result?

3. RE:
Does a brigade equal (1) RE?

Thanks fellas, hope my questions were clear.

Clay

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Welcome to OCS!

1. Being next to the dump doesn't itself constitute trace supply. If the combat unit really is out of trace supply by normal means, then it would actually have to either use ("eat") 1T from the dump, or it would have to roll for attrition. See OCS 12.6d, especially the play note.

2. Yes, Exploitation movement is "free," in the sense that you mean. However, note that a motorized unit would need fuel to move in this phase. Note that fueling via the Formation Method or the HQ Method could allow a motorized unit to move in Exploitation "free" from an additional fuel payment; see OCS 12.5c. This is an important point, because in OCS, movement can occur throughout the turn, and even in the opponent's turn. So, keep careful track of fueling.

3. Yes, a brigade typically equals 1 RE, per OCS 4.6 ("All other sizes count as 1 RE").
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay Stone
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Arcology wrote:
Welcome to OCS!

1. Being next to the dump doesn't itself constitute trace supply. If the combat unit really is out of trace supply by normal means, then it would actually have to either use ("eat") 1T from the dump, or it would have to roll for attrition. See OCS 12.6d, especially the play note.

2. Yes, Exploitation movement is "free," in the sense that you mean. However, note that a motorized unit would need fuel to move in this phase. Note that fueling via the Formation Method or the HQ Method could allow a motorized unit to move in Exploitation "free" from an additional fuel payment; see OCS 12.5c. This is an important point, because in OCS, movement can occur throughout the turn, and even in the opponent's turn. So, keep careful track of fueling.

3. Yes, a brigade typically equals 1 RE, per OCS 4.6 ("All other sizes count as 1 RE").

Thank you for the answers to my questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel S
United States
Bay City
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
claystone wrote:
Arcology wrote:
Welcome to OCS!

Thank you for the answers to my questions.

An additional point on your 3rd question: Keep in mind some of the armor brigades are actually 2 step units and thus 2 RE in BTR for combat supply. See 1.1b in the BTR rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
武士に二言無し
Italy
Caravaggio near Bergamo near Milano
Europe + Earth + Via Lactea
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome!

Nice to see new "blood" in OCS' battlefields ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.