Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marty Malone
United States
Mansfield
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the rules for the first scenario is says there are NEW schematics that are Yordle specific. Check got those.

It also said there are NEW damage cards to add to the damage deck. I did not have any new damage cards in my envelope.

Is this a typo- or am I missing some cards that were supposed to be added to the damage deck.

Advise?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oystein eker
Norway
Unspecified
sola
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Again?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maloma wrote:
Advise?

I advise consulting the FAQ before posting rules questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Malone
United States
Mansfield
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
maloma wrote:
Advise?

I advise consulting the FAQ before posting rules questions.

Not a rules questions. Was under general. But help was noted.

Found the answer I was looking for. Carry on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Malone
United States
Mansfield
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And to be helpful for others that might be looking.

That is a Typo in the first scenario. There are only four new schematic cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
(For those that have come this far and still wondering, the scenario instructions to shuffle new Damage cards into the deck should be ignored - there are no new Damage cards. Now go read the rest of the FAQ)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I advise consulting the FAQ before posting rules questions OR general questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Young
United States
Lockport
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
maloma wrote:
And to be helpful for others that might be looking.

That is a Typo in the first scenario. There are only four new schematic cards.

no offense but this question almost gets asked once a day. 5 min of searching would have given you the answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe D
United States
Sandy
UT
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
I advise consulting the FAQ before posting rules questions OR general questions.

...or even taking a look at the forum posts, since this has been asked and answered numerous times already.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Malone
United States
Mansfield
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:

True. I suppose in a perfect world. I went to the riot games website and looked for something. Nothing found or I missed it. My bad.

I then went to the forums and looked for a title of something that sounded like what I wanted. Again- my bad. I am an old geezer and these forums just didn't make it easy for me to find. I didn't even see a FAQ but that is on me as well. So... I asked a simple question hoping for a kind and simple answer.

You have however made a choice--- not to be helpful (I guess pointing to FAQ was helpful so I take that back), not to just skip my post since it was offensive or to do the kind thing and actually just say "hey that was a typo, you aren't missing anything"

I apologize for my question on the forums for this game that just showed on my doorstep on Monday. My son was concerned about the missing NEW damage cards and I was asking for a little help.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Mease
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maloma wrote:
[q="DaviddesJ"]

I apologize for my question on the forums for this game that just showed on my doorstep on Monday. My son was concerned about the missing NEW damage cards and I was asking for a little help.

Thanks.

Not sure why people take posts like yours personally since not everyone has computer savvy... it's all good, glad you did find your answer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Marty, the root problem is on us - not you. Wish we'd caught this earlier and you didn't have to hop on to get your question answered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not criticizing the question, just offering advice as requested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
world eater
msg tools
Might try making the errata easier to find on the MvM page, like under a link that says "Errata" or "Corrections".

I wouldnt have thought look under Gameplay Questions until I came here and saw all of the threads asking this same question and saw all of the people telling us to look in Gameplay
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WD Yoga
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Riot Kades wrote:
Marty, the root problem is on us - not you. Wish we'd caught this earlier and you didn't have to hop on to get your question answered.

If you are going to make errata, please also add the number of cards available upfront and number of cards unlocked on each mission (without spoiling anything; just the numbers). I observe there are some who are concerned with this.

Oh, and please put the errata/FAQ somewhere visible, like near the game manual/dossiers and/or upload it here on BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Sounds good. Rodney put up an excellent FAQ based on his time working with us on the project. I'd highly recommend his videos for any boardgame that he takes on. I believe every question in the FAQ he covers. Far from ideal on our part, but a great resource for you guys.

One of my biggest learnings over the past few months was to get his eyes on any rulebook I can convince him to give me feedback on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Shegda
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
...maybe because people don't know there is a FAQ and/or ALSO don't have the time to sit and search around for an answer?

Posting and subbing to the thread is quicker for some people who don't have the time to spend doing that. Maybe they did search but still couldn't find it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alandric wrote:
Posting and subbing to the thread is quicker for some people who don't have the time to spend doing that. Maybe they did search but still couldn't find it?

https://www.google.com/search?q=mechs%20vs%20minions%20faq
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shotgun Games
msg tools
mbmb
maloma wrote:
DaviddesJ wrote:

True. I suppose in a perfect world. I went to the riot games website and looked for something. Nothing found or I missed it. My bad.

I then went to the forums and looked for a title of something that sounded like what I wanted. Again- my bad. I am an old geezer and these forums just didn't make it easy for me to find. I didn't even see a FAQ but that is on me as well. So... I asked a simple question hoping for a kind and simple answer.

You have however made a choice--- not to be helpful (I guess pointing to FAQ was helpful so I take that back), not to just skip my post since it was offensive or to do the kind thing and actually just say "hey that was a typo, you aren't missing anything"

Thanks.

Agreed. I think you were unfairly treated for asking the question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ShotgunGames wrote:
Agreed. I think you were unfairly treated for asking the question.

He asked for advice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maloma wrote:
DaviddesJ wrote:

Thanks.

I don't think you realize just how hard it is to click that little arrow a second time when someone asks a question that has already been asked.

It is obviously much, much easier to type out 15 sentences stating a questions has been asked 39 times in the past 4.8 milliseconds then it is to click that green Next subscribed item button!

Mostly tongue in cheek obviously but for some people they get bothered when a question gets asked multiple times just smile and move on knowing most of the community here is pretty darn forgiving!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Grumsh wrote:
maloma wrote:

I apologize for my question on the forums for this game that just showed on my doorstep on Monday..

Mostly tongue in cheek obviously but for some people they get bothered when a question gets asked multiple times just smile and move on knowing most of the community here is pretty darn forgiving!

For whatever it's worth, it doesn't both me to answer the same question over and over. It's a very helpful reminder of the quality bar I want to hit with the rulebook going forward and how much diligence I need to take.

I mean, the root problem isn't that you're asking a question that's been answered. The root problem is that we didn't answer the question in the rules and you had to take the time to find it elsewhere. That's on us; not you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
Scotland
Elgin
Moray
flag msg tools
mbmb
People get annoyed with this because it adds vacuous traffic to their subscriptions.

Other BGGers try to be helpful, but it's harder to help as many people when people keep posting the same question over and over when it's already been asked literally dozens of times by now, and the answer is clear from just looking at the lists or googling the question:

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1...

People can just mark it as read, but it's still adding noise and if everyone did that the OP wouldn't get help. So they post with the answer but include some 'encouragement' for the OP to try a bit more self-help in future. It's not like anyone was really insulting, it's just frustration coming through and to be fair there's often a bit of humour in there to (albeit at the OP's expense, but that's the price they pay for getting the same question answered for the 100th time).

It's also generally considered bad etiquette to ask questions on forums without first trying to use the search function to find answers yourself.

So sure, snark and mockery aren't the most productive responses, but it's borne of frustration and annoyance. And sometimes can nudge people in the direction of helping themselves in future; not all questions will be answered as fast as this one, so it's in everyone's best interests to learn how to find them for oneself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.