Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Asimakis
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can anyone tell me the box dimensions?
I'm referring to the Non-PnP copy available from Hollandspiele.
Just wondering about portability.

PLB.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra BC
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
290mm x 225mm x 30mm. But if you print your own map/board, and have the rules electronically, the chits fit into little Ziploc baggies. The biggest thing to deal with is the "cups" for chit-draws.

Personally, if I were to take it with me on a trip, I'd have three small (even cut-down) plastic drinking cups, with the chits bagged inside, and a self-printed map & board that I could fold down ("disposable"). The only reason the box is that size is to fit the map flat, and a large-format rulebook.

Note that the supplied maps/boards are paper (not card, certainly not mounted!): I scanned, printed, and laminated "for play" copies for myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Asimakis
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks David.
So, it sounds like the only real difference between the boxed version and the PnP is the cardboard laser cut counters, is that correct?

PLB.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra BC
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And the d8 And the "interesting" box-glue aroma...

In retrospect, given the cost of shipping (and noting that the group buy I organised got quite a good deal, as we bought 3 copies at the "release" price of USD25; total came to circa AUD47 per copy), I'd have gone for the PnP (currently a fraction under AUD16 at WargameVault). The counters are lovely, but not AUD30 lovely

I note that I'm not upset about the map/board quality. I may have had higher expectations on the components, given what people had said (accurately) about the excellent counters; but for the most part, I figure I'm paying for the creator's IP in design/development. In this case, however, with the only material difference between PnP and commercial being the counters, I'd have gone the laminate-and-scissors route.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Asimakis
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Currently with shipping it's $51US, (~$70AUD), a bit steep for essentially some nice counters.
Looks like the PnP route is the way to go. ($12US from Wargame Vault).

Thanks again for your help.

PLB.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.