Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian Moura
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Question more for Tom or GMT - I don't see the GMT rules or playbook available (yet?) on the GMT website.

Can we get them? Would love to start reading while I wait for my copy to reach Australian shores.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
This is my first game with GMT. What do you mean by "playbook"?

For the rules, I'll contact GMT to see if my final approval file matches the actual production version or if there's a different pdf that should be posted instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Moura
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom Lehmann wrote:
This is my first game with GMT. What do you mean by "playbook"?

For the rules, I'll contact GMT to see if my final approval file matches the actual production version or if there's a different pdf that should be posted instead.

I assume then that your 1846 doesn't have a Playbook. Some GMT games have a separate booklet with an example of play, scenario setup, variants, etc. In another thread, someone said that there was an illustrated example of play - I might have been mistaken in assuming that this was separate to the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Epee wrote:
someone said that there was an illustrated example of play - I might have been mistaken in assuming that this was separate to the rulebook.

There is a 4-page illustrated example of play in the 1846 rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Arlington
United States
Memphis
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the illustrated (and with strategic annotations to explain the logic of some of the sample play) example of play is in the main rulebook, unlike some other GMT games like the COIN series.

Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Beckley
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom Lehmann wrote:

Tom,

Any word on the rules pdf being made available? I now have the (lovely) rulebook in my hands, but I do prefer to read rules on my iPad when possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
I uploaded and submitted it to BGG several days ago. Haven't gotten any reply from BGG, so I assume it's still stuck in the queue.

EDIT. File approved: here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Beckley
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the update, Tom.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.