Subject: What have been your strongest VP cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
brian giese
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played 11 games so far. I'm just curious what people have found have been some of the strongest cards for them.

Of course every game is a bit different, but over the course of time, I've seen many of these cards be all stars

Pets - When played first 3 turns, I've seen it get 6 to 8 points
Tardigrades - When played early I've seen it get up to 7 points
Birds - Seeen it get up to 6 points
Physics Complex - I've seen it out early in 4 games and get between 8 and 12 points. I personally feel its one of the strongest cards in the game. The player with this car out has always won the game.
Security Fleet - Seen this get 6 or 7 points
Ecological Zone - 5 to 7 points
Water Import from Europa - up to 6 points. Have not seen the same play have this with Gaymede colony yet, but at some point that could be a 10pt combo easily.

What have you guys seen as the strong cards in your games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maciej Matejko
Poland
Warszawa
Mazowieckie
flag msg tools
mb
My wife love Pets (she's a vet ) and I saw her scoring 11 points from this card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Luchetti
United States
Glastonbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
last game i got 6 VP with "the search for life" pretty good for being a pretty inexpensive card - i like the push-your-luck aspect of this card!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Predators got 1 cube from an botanic garden, 4 from major transport (5 leaf or 4 animals), and ate 3 fish of the opponent 8pts bam. Came second of 3 by 3 tuns, my 2nd milestone was denied to me by turn order

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Chaney

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
telos81 wrote:
last game i got 6 VP with "the search for life" pretty good for being a pretty inexpensive card - i like the push-your-luck aspect of this card!

Is this not limited to a single 3 VP "success"? I don't have the card handy but I don't recall it being 3 VP/success, only 3 VP if there was a success.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Ruckeisen
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
soul42 wrote:
Tardigrades - When played early I've seen it get up to 7 points

Say whaaaat? wow IIRC, Tardigrades adds 1 microbe/generation and scores 1 VP for every 4 microbe counters. For it to score 7 VP, it would take 28 generations. Even if you add additional counters to it with "put X microbes on another card" effects, this doesn't seem right.

Edit: Actually I take that back - with Symbiotic Fungus Extreme Cold Fungus (adds 2 microbes to another card as an action), 7 VP Tardigrades seems absolutely possible. To be fair tho, the 7 VP would then be thanks to that 2-card combo and not just Tardigrades alone.

kenchaney wrote:
Is this not limited to a single 3 VP "success"?

Yes it is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Schutte
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Tardigrades is a 2 or 3vp card it takes so much effort just to get it to 4vp.

One game I got 10 Jovian cards with drafting (yay for neighbors not knowing I was grabbing them up all game long but not playing them till last few turns). 10 Jovian tags and all 3 1 vp/Jovian cards at the end, something like 40 some vps all Jovian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Luchetti
United States
Glastonbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kenchaney wrote:
telos81 wrote:

Is this not limited to a single 3 VP "success"? I don't have the card handy but I don't recall it being 3 VP/success, only 3 VP if there was a success.

Doh! Well luckily I was in second place by >3 points. So didn't affect overall standings

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
We love our pups!! Misu, RIP 28 Nov 2010. Tikka, RIP 11 Aug 2011.
mbmbmbmbmb
In an early learning game, where no one was paying much attention to this stuff, the Jovian cards scored huge for one of our players!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robert baynosa
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I got my fish up to 10 points, but that's mainly because I received 2 convoys with animals in them
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
s schmi
msg tools
Ive played physics complex (6energy -> 2vp) for 12pts and seen it played early and earn 22.

cattle? 1/1 ive seen generate 8-10pts

I put out waterbears on turn 1 and built it to 5pts.

Ive seen decomposesrs stacked with like 4-5 other microb/animal cards and between the combo of them generate like 15-20pts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Furry Fox
msg tools
I've had an 11pts Herbivore and a 5pts Immigration Shuttles. The game was pretty crazy, though, and I don't expect to be able to recreate the Herbivore feat anytime soon.

EDIT: Just got 2x6pts with Mining Industries and Water Import
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gringe Commander
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Scored 10VP with both jupiter cards
I was last on the TP scale at the end (14 behind the top player) and 2nd after card VPs only 1VP behind the winner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Daumen
United States
The Triangle
flag msg tools
designer
I think you should realize these wings are really hot
mbmbmbmbmb
I got 10 points with Ants (plus the fungus cards which add microbes). I removed at least 1 VP from my opponents to boot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.