Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Nickname courtesy of Baby Cat! <3
badge
"Work like a Captain. Play like a Pirate!"
mbmbmbmbmb
WEREWOLVES RISING

This game is based on a F2F game I played last weekend in Knoxville during their monthly Werewolf meetup. Credit given to San1 for creating the F2F game and linguistfromhell for guidance on transitioning it to PBF. This game is a work in progress and may or may not have future iterations.

ROLES

This is a HIDDEN ROLES game. I cannot guarantee length or outcome, but I think it should be fun for all!

There will be FULL REVEAL. There may or may not be roles/traits/attributes that affect full reveal.

There will be CONVERSION in this game.

Every role has an ability. If your role is VILLAGER then you will have a hidden trait/attribute.

VOTING AND LYNCH

Dusk is variable and will randomly occur between 11:00 am BGG and 12:30 pm BGG. The player with the highest number of votes at Dusk will be lynched. NO LYNCH is a valid option. There is NO TIEBREAKER in this game. All ties will result in NO LYNCH. There may or may not be roles/traits/attributes that involve VOTE MANIPULATION.

NIGHT

Night actions are due one hour from Dusk. There will be NO NIGHT POSTING. If no night action is received, then no night action will occur.

WINNING

Good wins by eliminating all Max Evils. Evil wins if the Max Evils achieve parity. There may be roles that defy parity. There are NO NEUTRALS in this game.

OTHER THINGS

No Zombie posting.
Dead chat will not be spoiled.
No lynches on weekends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Player List According to Cassandra:
AnneAa
chardir
GaiusJC
gelrod
JaredW25
kendahlj
monogarden
tern73
TFang
theknightofcups
The_Rorab
TigerDoodle
Veni Vidi Vici

13 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://cassandrawerewolf.com/game/1661460

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Wait, is there more than one cassandra now?

I'm confused.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlin Prime
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Who took the Bomp from the Bompalompalomp? Who took the Ram from the Ramalamading dong?
mbmbmbmbmb
ThatAblaze wrote:
Wait, is there more than one cassandra now?

I'm confused.

It's the same one that your signup is pointing to.

Short story is: cassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf got taken down, and it has been moved to a new server. We're missing a chunk of the database, but using a few month old backup that is working fine (it's complicated). We've been using the temporary address/IP address around for the past week or two, but the new domain name for the new server finally got registered, so we can use that now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
I run wit bad ass sistas wit them righteous fangs, Killas that cut ya leave ya bleeding to die in the rain. Yall can’t understand the blade as it slice through ya vein, Yall ain’t realize the sweet fore it turn into pain. - O Dawg
mbmbmbmbmb
"Dusk is variable and will randomly occur between 11:00 am BGG and 12:30 pm BGG. The player with the highest number of votes at Dusk will be lynched. NO LYNCH is a valid option. There is NO TIEBREAKER in this game. All ties will result in NO LYNCH."

Be careful with this, Beren. I'm not sure what real life experience you're translating, but this is a big fuzzy anti-good factor that might cause more trouble than you're anticipating. You can't talk about it, because of the hidden roles aspect, so I'm just making sure you've thought about it in building out the rest of the set with that in mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
Lynch windows are typically not as pro-good as dedicated lynch times, but I wouldn't call them "anti-good" / "pro-evil". Those players who are enthusiastic about lynch chaos will just treat the start of the lynch window as the deadline and giving that extra time only allows for second-guessing each other.

I think the set as described just forces the group to really believe in the lynch, that's all.

IMO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
I run wit bad ass sistas wit them righteous fangs, Killas that cut ya leave ya bleeding to die in the rain. Yall can’t understand the blade as it slice through ya vein, Yall ain’t realize the sweet fore it turn into pain. - O Dawg
mbmbmbmbmb
linguistfromhell wrote:
Lynch windows are typically not as pro-good as dedicated lynch times, but I wouldn't call them "anti-good" / "pro-evil". Those players who are enthusiastic about lynch chaos will just treat the start of the lynch window as the deadline and giving that extra time only allows for second-guessing each other.

I think the set as described just forces the group to really believe in the lynch, that's all.

IMO.

It isn't the lynch windown, it is the lynch window combined with ties leading to no lynch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
People will say "hey, we should all treat such and such a time as dusk", but I've only ever seen it actually work once and the guy we lynched was furious because he missed the memo, heh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But I think the fluidity of lynch windows is absolutely fine, and the fact that people's lowered willingness to temporarily drive up their co-evils tends to balance out the uncertainty and they can work really well. It makes for more for good to read in a self-balancing way.

I think ties leading to losing having a lynch change that enough it was worth bringing up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
If it helps, I've seen the set and provided feedback. I don't think the game is unbalanced with the more random / open lynch.

Not to stifle feedback, just to say that yes, for folks who haven't considered it, lynch windows are distinctly less pro-good than defined lynch times. But I think it works for this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard H
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Hill
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm bumping this and willing to change the lynch time if it helps fill faster. I really want to see this play out on PBF.

Give it a shot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep in mind that Legacy runs next week and SuperChutneys' crazy thing will start, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Legacy got postponed, which makes trying to run this next week more sensical.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
V
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This lynch is mid-day? I like it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Hill
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This game is now full.

I know of at least three players AND myself that will be at BGGcon next week, so I am hesitant to dawn this game on Monday.

Amekins, gel, and Jared, would you rather wait until the following week? I'll mod it even during BGGcon if y'all want to play it (I don't leave until Wednesday evening).

Is anyone else going to BGGcon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt J
msg tools
mbmbmb
I am not attending BGGCon and will participate in the game whenever it occurs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(AMY-KINZ)
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
It's a happy-go-moinkaly lucky shpadoinklely...dayyyy
mbmbmbmbmb
BerenCamlost wrote:
This game is now full.

I know of at least three players AND myself that will be at BGGcon next week, so I am hesitant to dawn this game on Monday.

Amekins, gel, and Jared, would you rather wait until the following week? I'll mod it even during BGGcon if y'all want to play it (I don't leave until Wednesday evening).

Is anyone else going to BGGcon?

I won't be playing next week. I don't want to be on my phone. I will be playing real life games and WW! But don't delay it just for me, I can drop and give up my spot if you want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not attending BGGCon, but I can't dualwield two nonstandard games on Thanksgiving week without some weird scheduling, I don't think. So I'd have to pick between this and Zd's.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anne
msg tools
mbmbmb
TFang wrote:
I'm not attending BGGCon, but I can't dualwield two nonstandard games on Thanksgiving week without some weird scheduling, I don't think. So I'd have to pick between this and Zd's.

Same, I was hoping this one would run coming week since zd's is already after BBGCon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Hill
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to run this game this week especially for the non-BGGcon folks. I have someone to replace Amekins. Gel and jared, please send me a message to let me know if you're okay with this game starting tomorrow. I arrive at BGGcon Wednesday night, but I don't mind modding it if the game continues that long.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Hill
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This game WILL run this week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Hill
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No posting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Cassandra Automatic Vote Tally System

Your Moderator has enabled the Cassandra Automatic Vote Tally system
for this game. In order for it to function correctly, your votes will
need to be formatted correctly. The following rules will explain what
you will need to do:

Players
1. All votes must be bolded

2. The entire vote statement must be bolded and enclosed in brackets:
[vote jmilum]

3. If your game allows, and you [vote nightfall] your vote will
be locked. Your moderator may have disabled nightfall votes.

4. Vote tallies will be automatically posted to the game thread
regularly if the tally has changed. The Tally and Vote Logs (for each
game day) are also available on the Cassandra game page.

5. If your vote is not counted be sure to check the Vote Log page and
see if it was marked invalid and why.

6. Case does not matter and simple typos will not cause the vote to fail.

7. You may [vote no lynch] if your game allows it.

8. Non voting players will be listed in the tallies. This will only be
correct if the Moderator notes which players have been killed (see below)

9. Editing a vote post will invalidate the vote and it will not be counted.

Moderators
1. The moderator will need to post [Dawn] when the day begins
(after the night results are posted) and [Dusk] when the lynch
deadline has passed and the day is over. Votes will not be counted
after [Dusk] has been posted. They will be registered again
after [Dawn] is next posted.

2. You may include a day number in the dawn and dusk post for
informational purposes, but it will not be used by the system.
Cassandra will increment an internal counter each time it sees
[Dawn] no matter what day is shown in a dawn post (i.e.
[Dawn 3] the three is allowed but ignored)

3. After dusk has been posted, the Moderator may go to the game page
on Cassandra to request a Final Tally to be posted before the normal
scan period has elapsed (i.e. Game Y gets scanned at 45 min. after the
hour, if it lynches at 7pm the moderator may request a tally to be
posted from the game page before 7:45pm. it will also be posted
regardless of whether or not it has been changed since the last
posting) - Do this by clicking on the 'Force Vote Tally' link.

4. You will need to note which players were killed via the lynch or at night by
either posting [killed jmilum] in the thread, or by going to the game
page and editing the player list. When posting in the thread, be sure to post
[dusk] before posting the lynch kill, and post [dawn] before
posting the night kill.
Example:
A. lynch time has passed so post [dusk]
B. goto the game page and select a final tally to be posted
C. check the final tally and post [killed melsana]
D. after the night deadline has passed post [dawn]
E. post the night kill with [killed kima]

Your Moderator has chosen to use the Longest Held Last Vote method for a tiebreaker - This is just for Cassandra system, and there may be a different tiebreaker specified by your Moderator in the ruleset.
Your Moderator has chosen to allow Nightfall votes.
Your Moderator has chosen to allow No Lynch votes.

Vote Log Page: http://cassandrawerewolf.com/game/1661460/votes
Vote Tally Page: http://cassandrawerewolf.com/game/1661460/tally

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Hill
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks again for signing up to play this game I still consider a "work in progress." This is an attempt to convert a very fun F2F Werewolf game into a PBF version under the amazing mentorship of Ling. I'll never know until its played, so I appreciate your trust in me. Have fun! We can discuss tweaks privately or after the game ends in thread.

Please check in to your mod chat to let me know that you see and understand your role and ask me any questions and I'll do my best to answer.

Please read the rules!

First dusk will be Tuesday.

[dawn]

You may post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [87] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.