Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Weber
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got the game, got a question about the situation where one or more of the V1-V5 companies has yet to operate when the first 5 is bought (by a company or via the "sold abroad" mechanism). What happens to the shares/tokens of the V company in question?

1. By my reading of rules, the shares which are unsold would be converted into one 10% and two 5% shares of SBB and deposited in the bank pool. Thus, all shares of the SBB would be in play, either in player hands or in the bank pool. Is this correct?

2. Then, do the tokens of the yet-to-be-opened V company generate any additional $100 tokens on the mat of the SBB? My inclination would be to say no, but didn't see this situation directly addressed in the rulebook, so this is why I ask that question now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devin Smith
England
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This will never happen, so it doesn't matter in practice. The Pre-SBB companies are all quite good, because you don't have to worry about the long-term.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tudor
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
John Weber wrote:

1. By my reading of rules, the shares which are unsold would be converted into one 10% and two 5% shares of SBB and deposited in the bank pool. Thus, all shares of the SBB would be in play, either in player hands or in the bank pool. Is this correct?

We encountered the same situation. One of the players was able then to buy with one action the remaining 10% certificate and therefore take over the presidency of the SBB. The former president tried to take it back but could not because the new one kept buying 5% certificates.

I am really curious if this is the intended way of playing the merger or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Weber
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I appreciate the comment that my question might be irrelevant because it might never happen in a real game, but it's at least a theoretical possibility, and it does seem relevant for the very reason that a 10% share of the SBB seems more than twice the value of two 5% shares because -- aside from the prior poster's comment about taking control of SBB -- one 10% SBB share only takes up one slot for the certificate limit rules whereas two 5% shares take up two slots.

So, I'm still looking for an answer on this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.