Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Raymond Aribawono
Germany
Haltern am See
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
I backed this on KS and picked up my copy at Essen Spiel.

Last night I played solo with 2 characters (Sigraed and Durgen). After finishing the first quest "The Great Hunt", I have quite a lot of questions regarding the rules, especially the one written in specific card.
For simplicity I will write
- Regular Action as RA, Fast Action as FA, Reflex as RE
- Damage as D, Magical Damage as M, Enemy Focus as F
- Objective Token as OT

1. General:
1.1. I see that all personal skills don't generate F, is that correct?

1.2. All reflex action from the Hand should cause the card to be discarded, am I right?

1.3. When a card says "... when a Weapon card deals damage, then +1D..."
What is the meaning of deals damage here? Just any damage state by the Weapon card? Or Damage that also already cause a wound after cancelling with the Enemy shield?

1.4. Reflex: From rulebook page 13 it says that Reflex can interrupt another action, escept when drawing cards. I have seen cards from Sigraed like "Wisdom of the Flame": 1RE Draw 1 card. Also as Special: if you discard this card while resolving an Action of another card, you may place 1Fire on to your Hero Charter.
Am I allowed to discard this card, and then in the process of discarding this card, I interrupt the action and trigger my reflex? In the end, I can draw 1 card and place 1 Fire?

1.5. Objective Token: If I got the possibility to put 2 OT on to my Weapon card, can I divide that into 1 OT to Weapon and 1 OT to Time Charter?

1.6. Encounter cards end requirement: if it says OT = 2Players+1 , does it mean that OT on the encounter card? Or does it include also the one on Time Charter?

1.7. Hero Phase, Enemy damage cancelling: Is damage cancelling action done per action? Or do I calculate the Total damage from all actions, and then cancel it based on Enemy Shield?

2. Sigraed:
2.1. Mace (basic gear): in last possibility of Regular action, it is said that "You may discard up to 2 Combat cards to deal +1D,1F". However, Sigraed doesnt come with any cards with Combat keyword. Is this a mistype? There is a normal Reward card (not personal), Amulet of Prowess" that can make all cards in Hand as Combat, but to me it is a bit strange that Sigraed basic weapon cannot really release its full power with Sigraeds own cards.

2.2. Holy Symbol (basic gear): the Fast action said: "Place a Healing or Holy card into your hand".
Where is this Healing/Holy card coming from? Discard pile, burial pile, player deck, or even reward pile? I think the description is a bit ambiguous..

2.3. Guidance of the Goddess (Personal skill): As a 2RA you may place 1OT on any card in play.
I notice the range is 2, does it include Active Encounter Card? It becomes important in the last Encounter where every OT on the Encounter Card can add more damage to Eredai the Hunter

3. Durgen:
3.1. Walking Armoury (Personal skill): You may ignore the Hero Area Restriction of up to 2 Weapon cards. Does it mean 2 additionally on top of the restriction? For example: for a Hammer (restriction: A1), I can have in total 3 hammers in my Hero Area?

3.2. Smith of Hammerhome (Advance Feat): 1RE, Any Action of Weapon card that deals any D or M deals +1D or +1M. 1F
Maybe its the same question like in the general section, does it mean that the D from this is added to the first Weapon action, and then we cancel it with enemy shield?

Ok, I think that's enough questions for first time..
I also notice some mistypes here and there.. (rulebook, cards, boards)
Should I post it here? or in another forum?

By the way, nice game! thumbsup
It will be one of my favorite! heart

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
... ...
Germany
flag msg tools
Hello, I have admittedly never played HotM but I have played the original quite a few times so I'll try to answer your questions.

1.1 yes

1.2 yes

1.3 if a weapon creates any sword or fireball symbols it's damage. Whether wounds are caused or not is only relevant and calculated later as all damage has been counted together.

1.4 I would interpret these as two separate abilities of the card. Either you play it too draw one card or you discard it as part of an other action and get your fire token.

1.5 for you to be allowed to put an OT on the time chart the effect would have to say "any card". A good example is one of the special abilities of Valkea.

1.6 only thouse on the encounter card.

1.7 per action.

2.1 I never got this either but I also never played the full expansion. I did try the PnP though and found her quite strong even without the mace being that powerful.

2.2 I played it as a way to get healing cards from my discard to my hand but some input from the designer would be nice here

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Aribawono
Germany
Haltern am See
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the answer.

Regarding your answer on 1.5, are you sure about that?
Here is from rule book page 12:
Whenever you are allowed to place OT on the active encounter or, or when an effect allows you to place OT on any card in play, you may place those OT on the time charter instead.

I interpret the terms "any card" here as not verbatim written in the card, but really just explanation that it includes a specific case, such as: Weapon card, etc...

I have another question for general section
1.8. In the special encounter card, it says the setup enemy is 2P+1 -> in my case is 5.
However, in the quest book it is said: Put Eredai into Quest Area...
My question is how many enemy cards should I draw now? 4 or 5 ? In that game I draw 5 more, so in total 6 enemy (including Eredai).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Aribawono
Germany
Haltern am See
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any answer for the other questions?

I wonder whether I put the question in the wrong category.. because I saw another guy post the same question like one of my question, and got several replies...

I hope I can get some more replies so because I plan to play another session this week..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joke Meister
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry - I would love to help you but I don't have my copy yet so I honestly have no idea how Sigraed or Durgen work. I suspect the majority of people on these forums are in a similar position so you might be SOL until the game starts shipping out to KS backers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tore Halvorsen
Norway
flag msg tools
1.5) I think this has to be interpreted as the verbatim text on the card. E.g. place an OT on a weapon cannot place an OT on the encounter card.

1.8) The 2P+1 is the number of normal enemies draw, so yes - total of 6.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. B.
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can only answer how I play:
1.5 you're right,you can place ot on time chart instead.
2.1 If no combat cards are in her basic deck: no boosting. There surely are some combinations of cards where it's possible, however, including the one you mentioned.
2.2 Discard Pile
2.3 It includes active encounter card.
3.1 You can have unlimited number of weapons.
3.2 Yes,calculate damage, deduct defense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Aribawono
Germany
Haltern am See
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No problem, thank you for replying..
I hope you will get the game soon.. IMHO they are awesome..
At least for solo..

Jokemeister wrote:
Sorry - I would love to help you but I don't have my copy yet so I honestly have no idea how Sigraed or Durgen work. I suspect the majority of people on these forums are in a similar position so you might be SOL until the game starts shipping out to KS backers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Aribawono
Germany
Haltern am See
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
demo wrote:
1.5) I think this has to be interpreted as the verbatim text on the card. E.g. place an OT on a weapon cannot place an OT on the encounter card.

1.8) The 2P+1 is the number of normal enemies draw, so yes - total of 6.

Thanks, and yes, I think 1.8 is correct like that..

dukeadam wrote:
I can only answer how I play:
1.5 you're right,you can place ot on time chart instead.
2.1 If no combat cards are in her basic deck: no boosting. There surely are some combinations of cards where it's possible, however, including the one you mentioned.
2.2 Discard Pile
2.3 It includes active encounter card.
3.1 You can have unlimited number of weapons.
3.2 Yes,calculate damage, deduct defense.

Thanks for sharing!

1.5. So now, we already have two opposite perspective about the rule..

3.1. I think it is Not unlimited.. it is written there about "up to 2 weapon cards". I am just not sure whether this means 2 additionally on top of the limit, or other thing?

I hope NSKN will have time to clarify some of the points.. but I think they are still busy with creating the Learn To Play document now..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tore Halvorsen
Norway
flag msg tools
1.5) The Time Charter is not a card. If you can place an OT on "any card" you can also place it on the Time Charter - which is not a card.

Let's hope ireondeav drops by an clarifies this
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. G. Kubacki
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If a card allows a player to place the Objective Token on any card (within range 2 or higher, as range 1 simply does not extend beyond the Hero Area of the active player), without any restrictions (so, not on a Weapon card, not on an Enemy card, etc.), then the active player may place the token on the Time Charter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cunningham
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd really like some clarification on Durgen's Walking Armoury. Does he simply ignore the restrictions on equipping weapons (i.e. A1 meaning only 1 card with an A on it in your hero area at any one time), thus making it possible to lay down any and all weapon cards his player has in hand?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
He can take 2 cards and pretend their restriction area was blank. (So for example equip 3 A1 cards, since he ignores 2 of them he's not in violation of the cap)

Given that he *has* "only" 3 A1 weapons (and 2 B2 weapons) in his deck, yes he can lay own any and all weapons. (Until you get some more from rewards)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.