$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 76.25

5,182 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
32.7% of Goal | 28 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Conan» Forums » General

Subject: Pelias rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Blake
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello there.

I received my King's yesterday, and tried to figure out what's in the box.

I noticed that Pelias has his character sheet, but there is no ability tile related to him anywhere. Is that right?

Also, another question.
There are a lot of duplicate tiles with english names. Guess that's correct. The french tiles confuse me a bit, more if some of those duplicate tiles doesn't exist in french.

I guess the french ones are the kickstarter stretch goal french versions and blahblah. So, should I keep any english named tile in the game? Same with heroes, allies and overlord leaders.

Thanks in advance!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hobbs
United Kingdom
Aberdare
Rhondda Cynon Taff
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hi Robert

I cant answer the Pelias question as I'm still sorting out the contents myself.

But I think the reason for some cards being duplicated is to allow both cards to be placed in the River of the Overlords board which will allow some characters to be activated twice in a turn or activated more often for lower points cost.

Mike
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Blake
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, Michael.

I guessed something like that.
Let's see what happens with Pelias.

Cheers!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the contents is indeed confusing!

normally, you should only keep the tiles in your language version.
the box of the stretch goals has both languages, but the core only your chosen language.

the double character tiles might indeed be for actioning the character twice, but dont know how/when these come into play yet.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu Hatt
France
Brest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Robert Blake wrote:
Hello there.

I received my King's yesterday, and tried to figure out what's in the box.

I noticed that Pelias has his character sheet, but there is no ability tile related to him anywhere. Is that right?

Also, another question.
There are a lot of duplicate tiles with english names. Guess that's correct. The french tiles confuse me a bit, more if some of those duplicate tiles doesn't exist in french.

I guess the french ones are the kickstarter stretch goal french versions and blahblah. So, should I keep any english named tile in the game? Same with heroes, allies and overlord leaders.

Thanks in advance!


Pelias is considered a hero this is why he has a character sheet. On the other hand, he is not amongst the strech goal heroes for which tiles were made so they could be used as minions/leaders by the overlord in alternate scenarios. So this is normal.

Regarding the duplicate tiles, you can get rid (or at least put them somewhere else than in the box) of all the tiles that are explicitly in French. On the other hand, the duplicate tiles of monsters and such you should keep, as they can be used to activate the same unit(s) several times in a given scenario.
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi Anonymous
Germany
flag msg tools
Angelsenior wrote:
the contents is indeed confusing!

normally, you should only keep the tiles in your language version.
the box of the stretch goals has both languages, but the core only your chosen language.

the double character tiles might indeed be for actioning the character twice, but dont know how/when these come into play yet.


There are already some scenarios with double tiles in the overlord rulebook. Its brutal when a dark demon activates twice in one turn at low cost.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Blake
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mathhatt wrote:
[q="Robert Blake"]
Pelias is considered a hero this is why he has a character sheet. On the other hand, he is not amongst the strech goal heroes for which tiles were made so they could be used as minions/leaders by the overlord in alternate scenarios. So this is normal.

Regarding the duplicate tiles, you can get rid (or at least put them somewhere else than in the box) of all the tiles that are explicitly in French. On the other hand, the duplicate tiles of monsters and such you should keep, as they can be used to activate the same unit(s) several times in a given scenario.


All clear now.

Thank you very much!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi Anonymous
Germany
flag msg tools
Sorry, for hijacking your thread but has anybody figured out what the color of Pelias robe is? Grey? Violet?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Inkari Bonilha
Brazil
Curitiba
Paraná
flag msg tools
mb
Unfortunately I read this information after misinterpreting the KS message from Monolith about the french written tiles and I threw away all the duplicates and french tiles thinking that being "named" tiles was the reason they're duplicates and the name was the same in French and in English...

Now I'll have to improvise in my games... I got the king's pledge and every avaiable add-on, so you guys can imagine the feeling when going through Barry's rules video I discovered my mistake (tried to find the info on the two rulebooks but couldn't)...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ancestral Hamster
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thought it was purple myself. However, I checked The Scarlet Citadel which was the short story that Pelias appeared in and there was no mention of his clothing. First he was naked, and later he had transformed into an eagle. So paint your Pelias in whatever color(s) that you deem fitting.

Abbath wrote:
Sorry, for hijacking your thread but has anybody figured out what the color of Pelias robe is? Grey? Violet?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.