Italy
Calolziocorte (LC) - Ispra (VA)
Lombardia
flag msg tools
designer
I don't just enjoy life: I game-design it
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everybody,

I know this an old game and not very popular, but I try to ask the question: do you think the game is balanced?

I experienced just 3 plays and had a talk with other players, and we all agree that for the Corteo player is almost impossibile to win (actually is even impossible to aim for a tie). I'm wondering it this is due to the wrong interpretation of some ambiguous rule, or to the final score table depicting victory conditions.

In the first case I'd say that some ambiguos rules should be interpreted in order to benifit the Corteo, for example.

1. Maybe that units under "contagious panic" after a fight do not retreat but simple move one hex (the booklet is not clear about this). In this way a lot of possible arrests could be avoided, since just "moving" would allow more freedom that retreating.

2. On the map is written that Power units should stop on (purple) Police Station hex when moving. I didn't find any reference to this rule in the rules booklet. However, if strictly applied, this rule would mean that Power units would exit from the Police Stations at half rate, since they would spend one entire turn when moving from the innermost station's hex next to the hex close to the exit. This would result in huge change in the game trend, and could balance it.

In the second case I'd just revise the score table. Instead of defining a tie when the score is in the 30-39 range, maybe we should have a tie when the score is in the range 0-10. Or even declaring a Corteo victory when the score is greater than zero?

What do you think? Have you experienced the same issue? How did you interprete the rules above? How did you solve the problem?

Thanks a lot for any help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.