Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Lane
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mb
Hi,

Noticed, after downloading the 2015 Optional Rules booklet, that a number of Optional Rules introduced in Expansion 3 seem to have been dropped and I was wondering if there were specific reasons and whether these rules were no longer 'official' optional rules.

I understand that we can always play them if we like or even create our own house rules but and intereseted in why some of them seem to have been dropped from the newer version especially when some are included in the MBT rules.

Specifically:

7.41 Removing Spot Counters (this is in MBT)

7.46 Artillery Air Burts (this is in MBT)

7.47 Dismounted FOs (this is in MBT)

7.49 Vehicle Assault Cover (this is in MBT)

7.50 Defensive Fire (this is in MBT)

Many thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Lane
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mb
Having looked again there seem to be the modifiers for defensive fire and air bursts on the game card but no reference to these in the rules themselves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Day
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Those optional rules were not dropped or deleted; they are still in effect and were included with MBT. They were not added to the v2 rulebook because they were already included in expansion 3.

I can see that there may be some confusion because the Staggered Initiative optional rule was added to the 2nd edition, but that was to emphasize its use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.