Subject: Tech and Draw from Technician rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Geekmate75
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hello here ! Sorry if the question was already asked, i didn't find anything about that.

I have one question about the timing you should Draw a card when your Technician dies.

Do we have to draw the card immediatly ? or do we wait the next Upkeep to draw the card ?
As i can tech during my opponent turn before he kills my technician, if my draw is empty, it's possible i can draw a card i just tech for my next turn.

What do you think guys ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You draw immediatly. If your draw is empty, you shuffle your discard (without your teched cards) to make a new draw pile and draw a card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Larner
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Just to clarify: you add your tech cards to your discard pile at the start of your turn. The mats list tech at the end of your turn, and the rules talk about teching during your opponents turn - these aren't incorrect, and you should start choosing your tech cards at the end of your turn, and during your opponents turn, but you don't actually 'lock in' your tech choices and add them to your discard pile until the start of your next turn. So your technician draw should never mean that you shuffle the cards you're currently teching into your deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geekmate75
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ok !
Thanks Jeremy it's very clear now !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Hauge
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, this is very important to keep in mind! Be careful when patrolling units in Technician at the start of the game; you don't want to delay your first few teched cards because you reshuffled before teching!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vash TheStampede
Saudi Arabia
flag msg tools
Do you shuffle the discard with or without the dead technician unit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MVashM wrote:
Do you shuffle the discard with or without the dead technician unit?

With. For a unit to die, it has to end up in the discard pile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.