Subject: When start using the timer? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tobias Wilker
Germany
Lemgo
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The question is not really a spoiler but to be safe I declared it as one.
Spoiler (click to reveal)
In Mission 1 it says, that you use the timer as soon as the bomb leaves the school. In Mission 2 it does not mention the timer. When do I start using the timer in Mission 2? From the beginning?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In Mission 1 it actually said:

Mission 1 Dossier: wrote:
For the remainder of the Mission, and all future Missions, drafting is timed!

So yes, from the start.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, in Mission 2 it says:
"Start the first Player Phase by rolling for First Player and conducting a timed double draft!"

So yeah, do it right from the beginning, which is brutal. But your group can always decide to do the double draft untimed, or do the entire game untimed if you're still learning the game.

The designers have noted that the timer was mainly implemented to keep the pace of the game moving, and to prevent an alpha player from analyzing the situation and telling everyone what to do. If these issues aren't a problem for your group, then you might find that untimed drafts suit your group better. It's your game, so play it however your group enjoys it best.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Hostetler
United States
Warminster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Wow, I would have thought the first round double draft would be untimed. I think we're going to house rule that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fredrik Tillman
Sweden
Hässelby
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slydog75 wrote:
Wow, I would have thought the first round double draft would be untimed. I think we're going to house rule that.

Yeah, me too. At least in 2:nd scenario. Later on I can see the timer being a good thing but in 2:nd mision I fear it will rather scare my fellow players (that are not as into boardgames as I).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Do you use the timer in the boss draft on mission 3? You'd have to be pretty AP for the timer to matter, but someone in my group did have that question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be amazed to see it taking that long to make a decision between which of the two cards to use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.