Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joffrey N.
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello folks !

I have some questions for you because as a newbie, I can't really figure it out with my lack of experience in the game :

1) How much more units an attacker should have (compared to defender) when besieging a stronghold (double of units, triple ?) ? It looks like there are multiple factors (leadership, companions, combat cards...) for this but for now it's just to have a rough indicator.

2) When would be best to stop besieging (if by any chance, you can't manage to roll many 6s) ?

3) How many units do you leave in a taken stronghold to prevent the other player to claim it back ?

Thanks for your thoughts guys !

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralf Schemmann
Germany
Siegen
NRW
flag msg tools
www.der-ringkrieg.de
badge
www.der-ringkrieg.de
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you playing 1st edition specifically? If not, this may be better posted in the 2ed entry for the game, since that is much more active nowadays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hector Flores
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hard questions that I think there aren't any hard/fast rules for. The probabilities are complicated by card play. I have a few personal rules for myself that I try to cling to:

1. As many as you can - with as many elites as you can (up to stacking limit of course). Rule of thumb for me is usually 8+ units with at least 4 elites.

2. If you've got a reinforcing army nearby - go for broke - otherwise wait for reinforcements and hope that the enemy decides to sortie.

3. at least 3, but 5 is better - no elites required.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joffrey N.
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Uthoroc wrote:
Are you playing 1st edition specifically? If not, this may be better posted in the 2ed entry for the game, since that is much more active nowadays.

French version is only 1st edition but you're right, last thread answered in 2014, I didn't pay attention. Will post it in 2nd version strategy forums ! Thanks for the tip

galvornman wrote:
Hard questions that I think there aren't any hard/fast rules for. The probabilities are complicated by card play. I have a few personal rules for myself that I try to cling to:

1. As many as you can - with as many elites as you can (up to stacking limit of course). Rule of thumb for me is usually 8+ units with at least 4 elites.

2. If you've got a reinforcing army nearby - go for broke - otherwise wait for reinforcements and hope that the enemy decides to sortie.

3. at least 3, but 5 is better - no elites required.

Thanks for your thoughts

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.