Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mortego

New Kensington
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine is 4 wins - 8 Losses

I like it when I play games that are not so easy to beat (I just know there are going to be folks who say they are 100% wins on this game after many plays) and this game certainly qualifies for that to me.

What is your current W/L record?

EDIT: Difficulty level "Easy" (all 44 player deck cards)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
4W : 1L.

5W : 2L (sorry, I forgot the 2P/2 Investigator plays I did with my brother, the above is only my solo plays with 4 Investigators)

All on Hard level.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcio Ferreira
Portugal
Viana do Castelo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
W/L = 0/0 goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Clost
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played once on normal so far and we are 1-0. Won on the final turn though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xabier P
Spain
Donostia
Gipuzkoa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played today our first game. 2 players/ 2 investigators on normal difficulty. We beat the game with just 3 Old Ones active and both investigators sane.

It was so easy it was disappointing. So we'all go straight to hard next time. I must say that we have played quite a bit of regular Pandemic and enjoy it most with 6 epidemics

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
Always with 3 players...

Intro Difficulty...
3/1

Normal Difficulty...
2/4

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Logan
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
1 - 1 playing with 2 on the normal difficulty.

The first game was a really close luck with some rookie mistakes regarding dealing with shoggoths. (and some unlucky movement and placement of shoggoths resulting in 2 escaping very early). The second game was not close at all do to nice draws.

I expect that this game should be winnable a high % of the time (over 90%) even on the hard difficulty.

My plays are all with 4 characters in play, which in base pandemic I felt was the hardest player count.

I'm sure there might be some variance based on which characters are chosen and how they work together though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Orophin wrote:
I must say that we have played quite a bit of regular Pandemic and enjoy it most with 6 epidemics

Yeah, definitely start on Hard. I only play regular Pandemic with 6 epidemics anymore.

The difficulty is a tad more subtle here because you can only really afford 2 Awakenings from cultists or shoggoths if you draw through the whole deck, and it's not rare for one of the shoggoth ones to happen just by random chance, so really you can't look at an accumulation of cultists and say "I'll take care of that later" just because it's like in Santiago and you have no Outbreaks yet, like in regular Pandemic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Malo
United States
Lake Park
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
6 plays all on Normal Difficulty.

Total 4W - 2L

1 - Solo with 2 investigators = L

2-4 - 2 players, 1 investigator each = 2W-1L

5-6 - 4 players = 2W

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maximus
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
First game - lost - learning the rules so played it a bit wrong

Second - Easy - Won, was a bit too easy

Third - Normal - Won, was one card away from losing, superb adaptation of the original IMO and makes it a lot more 'fun' and enjoyable game experience(especially for the people i was playing with)

Next up is a hard game, cant wait

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sal
United States
-
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Solo with 2 investigators: 2 W / 1 L

2 players with one investigator each: 0 W / 3 L

This is all on standard difficulty (taking one card from each town)

googoo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Morro Bay
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
EASY: 4-0
2p: 4-0

NORMAL: 2-1
2p: 1-1
3p: 1-0

TOTAL: 6-1

[EDIT: Math is hard]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan M
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played twice so far. Both games 2p. Our very first game we lost in like 20 minutes due to awakenings. We were surprised at how quickly the shoggoths could move and get into gates. Our second game we won fairly easily

We played through Pandemic Legacy and this version certainly seems much easier compared to the original concept. However, it also feels much quicker and, as someone else said, "fun". So I think that is a nice bonus as it means the light, casual people I play with who may think original Pandemic is a bit to tough or too thinky for them will enjoy this. Plus, I don't personally own base pandemic so this is a good additional fur us until PL2 comes out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xabier P
Spain
Donostia
Gipuzkoa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played two more 2 player games, one at standard difficulty and the other at expert.

We won both games, although the last one was a close call. We would have lost the next turn due to awakenings (3 due to shoggoths / cultists). We played sub optimally but the game was much more interesting. However, at this difficulty, for 2 players at least, I find it quite close to regular pandemic, perhaps a tiny bit more difficult.

All in all, I'd say that (bad) luck is more evident than in regular pandemic.

2 players – W/L 3:0
Introductory: 1/0
Standard: 1/0
Expert: 1/0

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Since I started taking notes of the results W-L is:

2 PLAYER
Normal: 2-1

3 PLAYER
Normal: 4-3
Hard: 1-2

4 PLAYER
Normal: 3-6

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maximus
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
since played 3 more times on hard and completed it each time

its fun, but a bit too easy

i may try taking out 4 cards of each colour next time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crystal Shepard
United States
Columbia
MO
flag msg tools
Nyarthlotep wrote:
Played once on normal so far and we are 1-0. Won on the final turn though

When you win, you always win on the final turn. Who plays another turn after they've won? devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.