Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robèr Boonmann
Netherlands
Geldrop
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played the game the other night and loved it very much.
But there was one thing that was puzzeling us.

There are some cards with the pointsymbol on the studio side, and there are some cards (wild landscape cards) with the crossed out pointsymbol on the studio side.

In the scoring exemple is stated that if a pointsymbol is in your studio, it is a minus point. But in the rules this symbol is only explained as positive points.

Then the crossed out symbol is explained as negative points, but in the scoring exaple, they are not counted.

So that was a bit confusing.

Can anyone explain how to count right....

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duarte
Portugal
Ponte de Lima
Ponte de Lima
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe it's negative points if they're showing on your final board. If they're covered, they don't count.

Don't know if that helped you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DiLisio
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rober wrote:
Played the game the other night and loved it very much.
But there was one thing that was puzzeling us.

There are some cards with the pointsymbol on the studio side, and there are some cards (wild landscape cards) with the crossed out pointsymbol on the studio side.

In the scoring exemple is stated that if a pointsymbol is in your studio, it is a minus point. But in the rules this symbol is only explained as positive points.

Then the crossed out symbol is explained as negative points, but in the scoring exaple, they are not counted.

So that was a bit confusing.

Can anyone explain how to count right....

Thanks in advance.

I was wondering about this as well. I assumed that the scoring example in the rule book was a typo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MavL
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe you're confused because when scoring C, the rules say -1 for the Studio. But -1 is the sum of 2 negative points and a positive point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DiLisio
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
peutcheubeu wrote:
I believe you're confused because when scoring C, the rules say -1 for the Studio. But -1 is the sum of 2 negative points and a positive point.

You're absolutely right. It's not a typo, but just worded slightly strangely (in my opinion...could just be a translation issue). The net result is positive 2 harmony points. There are three positive harmony points on the print, and a net of -1 harmony points in the studio. Got it now, but for some reason it was confusing at first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robèr Boonmann
Netherlands
Geldrop
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sizzla wrote:
peutcheubeu wrote:

You're absolutely right. It's not a typo, but just worded slightly strangely (in my opinion...could just be a translation issue). The net result is positive 2 harmony points. There are three positive harmony points on the print, and a net of -1 harmony points in the studio. Got it now, but for some reason it was confusing at first.

Thank you very much,

That totally makes sense to me.

For me the confusion was that in the scoring example, the arrows was pointing directly to the "positive"point symbol only.
So that lead me to this misinterpretation.

But hey........problem solved. meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.