Carcassonne: Star Wars» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can you claim a just-completed realm? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Ratz

Tuscaloosa
Alabama
msg tools
I'm sure this has been asked and answered in the regular Carc forum, but we play with this variant so I'm interested to see what the consensus is.

Given that the turn order is:
1. Place tile
2. Place meeple on tile
3. (Battle)
4. Score completed realms

Can you place a tile that completes an unoccupied realm, place a meeple on that area you just completed, then score that realm (effectively returning that meeple to your supply)?

One of our group members argued for this interpretation, as he continually scored the same meeple over and over in consecutive turns. He kept making small realms (mostly asteroid fields) say "that's mine" and wouldn't even bother placing his meeple. After all, he got it right back. The rest of the group felt that you could only place a meeple on an uncompleted realm--this is especially true if someone placed the 8th tile around a planet. I suggested that an exception be made in the case of planets, if there was already a meeple on the planet. In that way, a battle could ensue over it, rather than a "place tile, that's mine, don't bother placing a meeple" move.

Anyone want to weigh in?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stanton
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Works in regular Carc. As long as he has a meeple to place, I see no problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A L D A R O N
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
A L D A R O N
badge
+++++[>+++++++++++++.>++++++++++[>++++++++++++++++++.--------.---.+++++++++++++++++.---.-.
mb
Yes, of course!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Ratz

Tuscaloosa
Alabama
msg tools
Alright, just checking. I may not like it but I guess I'll go with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
We call it 'bouncing'. You plop the meeple down, pick it up and score it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.