$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 114.58

7,000 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
44.1% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend
21 
 Thumb up
 Hide
18 Posts

Black Orchestra» Forums » Rules

Subject: Black Orchestra FAQ / Errata rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Game Salute
United States
Londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
.
ERRATA

Rulebook

Page 8: Arrested Conspirators: Conspirators released from prison on their own as part of the "Arrested Player Turn" set their Suspicion to High, not Extreme. The rule printed on the board is correct. Players released by other players using the "Release Conspirator From Jail" action still set their Suspicion to Extreme upon release.

Page 8: Plot Cards: Plot cards are not Restricted as shown on page 8 and the component diagram on page 2. The rule on Plot cards found in the "Commonly Overlooked Rules" section on page 10 is correct.


Conspirator Cards

Safe: This reads that "Plots and Restricted Cards do not raise your Suspicion during Gestapo Raids". This is redundant as Plot cards never count towards your Suspicion during Gestapo Raids since they are not Restricted cards.


FAQ

General Gameplay

"Any": Any is always meant as "choose one of the valid targets".

Cards in Hand vs Cards in Play: The cards in your face-up hand are not considered to be in play.

Dice Limit: The dice are limited to the number of uncommitted dice available, but this limit will almost never come into play.

Jail: While Gestapo HQ is a space, the space for the arrested conspirators (Jail) does not count as a legal space in which to move and does not count towards "move X to nearest conspirator" and other such effects. Being in Jail is a unique situation.

"Raise Suspicion" Effects: You can benefit from effects that raise your Suspicion by X, even if your Suspicion was Extreme to begin with. The only restriction to this is when trying to release another conspirator from jail, which explicitly states you must not be at Extreme Suspicion.


Actions

Deliver Item: You can only deliver to a location without an Item tile on it. Essentially, if you can't see the delivery text on the space, you can't deliver there yet.

Play a Card: Regardless of the type of card, you must use an action to put a conspirator card into play unless the card specifically says "not an action".



Conspirator Cards

Ongoing and Static Effect Cards: Ongoing and Static effect cards are part of your face-up hand. They provide their effects as soon as they are in your hand, and you do not need to spend an action to “activate” them. However, since they are part of your hand, they are subject to hand size limits or any other effects that affect cards in hand. Effects granted by these cards end immediately when the card leaves your hand. In essence, the only cards in front of you at any time are the ones in your hand - there is no separate “in play” area in front of you.

Slow News Day: You cannot look at the Event card before deciding to play the card. "Resolving" an Event card includes the draw.


Plot Cards

Plot Cards: Plot cards are not Restricted and are never unwillingly discarded as part of Gestapo Raid.

Plot Dice: You are not required to roll all of the dice you are entitled to when enacting a plot. The only dice you must roll are the ones gained from "Required Elements", which is usually just one die.
.

Event Cards

"Move all...": Any event cards that move conspirators (such as "Move all Wehrmacht to Alderhorst") do not apply to arrested conspirators.
22 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Rompot
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Page 8: Arrested Conspirators: Conspirators released from prison set their Suspicion to High, not Extreme. The rule printed on the board is correct.


Unfortunately, the board has it both ways. For the Release Conspirator from Jail action, it says to "Set their Suspicion to Extreme" while under the Arrested Player Turn is says to set your Suspicion to High when released.

You correct the Release Conspirator from Jail action in the FAQ section. I would move it from FAQ to ERRATA since it is a correction not a clarification. It's a bummer that the board is wrong.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Salute
United States
Londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
krompot wrote:
Quote:
Page 8: Arrested Conspirators: Conspirators released from prison set their Suspicion to High, not Extreme. The rule printed on the board is correct.


Unfortunately, the board has it both ways. For the Release Conspirator from Jail action, it says to "Set their Suspicion to Extreme" while under the Arrested Player Turn is says to set your Suspicion to High when released.

You correct the Release Conspirator from Jail action in the FAQ section. I would move it from FAQ to ERRATA since it is a correction not a clarification. It's a bummer that the board is wrong.


The board is correct - those are two different situations. The "Extreme" is when another conspirator uses an action to get you out of jail, the "High" is when you get out on your own as part of the Arrested Player's turn sequence.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Rompot
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is what is confusing. In the FAQ section it says under Actions:

Quote:
Release Conspirator From Jail: Conspirators released from prison set their Suspicion to High.


So is the FAQ incorrect?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Salute
United States
Londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
krompot wrote:
This is what is confusing. In the FAQ section it says under Actions:

Quote:
Release Conspirator From Jail: Conspirators released from prison set their Suspicion to High.


So is the FAQ incorrect?


Yes, that had the wrong heading. The FAQ has been updated, and the correct ruling is part of the rulebook errata.

In any case, the board has the correct rules on it.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How can such huge things be missed? It's like no one read the rulebook before it went to print. It even includes typos aside those glaring mistakes and inconsistencies.

You've been in this business long enough, Game Salute. This is just sloppy.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DiLisio
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slashdoctor wrote:
How can such huge things be missed? It's like no one read the rulebook before it went to print. It even includes typos aside those glaring mistakes and inconsistencies.

You've been in this business long enough, Game Salute. This is just sloppy.


You've got a "Robinson Crusoe fan" microbadge and you're complaining about 2 errata points and a few F.A.Q. points? Seriously? I really like Robinson Crusoe, but that game's rulebook was a nightmare. Game Salute has clearly had issues in the past, but I'm quite satisfied with how this turned out. It's a terrific game, and an impressive presentation as well in my opinion.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Pizio
United States
Fall River
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Another year, another support drive, another silly Over text
badge
Which way to the nearest cliff?
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sorry for being vague but I don't have the game in front of me right now.

One of the conspirator's special ability is to draw a free card at the start of every turn. This weekend that person was arrested by the Gestapo. I felt that it was anti-thematic for him to get cards while he was under arrest, however I couldn't find anything in the rules to support this. The person playing him argued for a literal interpretation of the rules as written. So should he have continued to draw cards or not?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sizzla wrote:
Slashdoctor wrote:
How can such huge things be missed? It's like no one read the rulebook before it went to print. It even includes typos aside those glaring mistakes and inconsistencies.

You've been in this business long enough, Game Salute. This is just sloppy.


You've got a "Robinson Crusoe fan" microbadge and you're complaining about 2 errata points and a few F.A.Q. points? Seriously? I really like Robinson Crusoe, but that game's rulebook was a nightmare. Game Salute has clearly had issues in the past, but I'm quite satisfied with how this turned out. It's a terrific game, and an impressive presentation as well in my opinion.


Mike - I'm with you. I like RC very much, but its FAQ is 60+ pages. The FAQ for BO is 1 page. It's really not a big deal.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sizzla wrote:
Slashdoctor wrote:
How can such huge things be missed? It's like no one read the rulebook before it went to print. It even includes typos aside those glaring mistakes and inconsistencies.

You've been in this business long enough, Game Salute. This is just sloppy.


You've got a "Robinson Crusoe fan" microbadge and you're complaining about 2 errata points and a few F.A.Q. points? Seriously? I really like Robinson Crusoe, but that game's rulebook was a nightmare. Game Salute has clearly had issues in the past, but I'm quite satisfied with how this turned out. It's a terrific game, and an impressive presentation as well in my opinion.


Robinson Crusoe 1st Edition rulebook has actually only one mistake in it and it only affects later scenarios. I have played the game the right way ever since first edition and have helped others with the rules of the game. The 1st edition rulebook itself is complete and accurate - it is just difficult to learn from.

Black Orchestra rulebook is easy to learn from, but includes outright wrong information. This is worse.

I accept a difficult rulebook over
an incorrect one any day
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The wrong info is corrected here, though. I used a black marker to blot out the wrong info while I was making my game aid, which is what I use to teach games anyway. Kristo - I criticize the RC rulebook for the omissions, not for what is in it.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joshua garrison
United States
Wooster
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So the safe card can be discarded as being useless?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Salute
United States
Londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
jaguitar7 wrote:
So the safe card can be discarded as being useless?


The Safe Card still protects you from red restricted cards in your hand raising your suspicion during a Gestapo raid. This clarification is that plot cards are not restricted cards, so having a plot card in your hand would never cause your suspicion to be raised anyway.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
There's no simple explanation for anything important any of us do, and yeah the human tragedy consists of the necessity of living with the consequences, under pressure, under pressure. -Courage (For Hugh Maclennan): The Tragically Hip
badge
We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream. -Gift Shop: The Tragically Hip
mbmbmbmbmb
I find some of the explanation in the FAQ contradictory too. It says:

Ongoing Effects: Once played, ongoing effect cards are do [sic] not count against your hand limit.

but...

Ongoing and Static Effect Cards: ...However, since they are part of your hand, they are subject to hand size limits...

Could this be explained more clearly please?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Maximuss wrote:
I find some of the explanation in the FAQ contradictory too. It says:

Ongoing Effects: Once played, ongoing effect cards are do [sic] not count against your hand limit.

but...

Ongoing and Static Effect Cards: ...However, since they are part of your hand, they are subject to hand size limits...

Could this be explained more clearly please?


This was resolved in another thread, ongoing cards DO count against your hand size. Makes more sense than to have some cards count and not others.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenrick Fearn
France
Ruffec
Charente
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All

Thanks for posting this FAQ /Errata ...but any chance this can be formatted and posted in the files section please ...





1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Peisistratous wrote:
Hi All
Thanks for posting this FAQ /Errata ...but any chance this can be formatted and posted in the files section please ...

Ditto. The files library is the first place I went to, to download the FAQ. When I didn't see it there, I went to the BO webpage. And when I didn't see it there, I went to the Game Salute website. And only then, when I didn't find it there either, I came here to the forum and typed "FAQ" in the search bar. Not a gripe, by any means ... only sharing this experience as a data point.

But it does beg the question, how about all those owners who don't use BGG? (And there are plenty) ... How are they accessing the Errata and FAQ?

Edit: I just finished copying & pasting the OP into a document, preserving the formatting, and I added a title and "as of date". With Game Salute's permission, I'll be happy to save it as a PDF and upload it to the Files Library. Though I can't guarantee that I'll be able to keep it updated, which would be the issue of course. Though I'll try to.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenrick Fearn
France
Ruffec
Charente
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bgm1961 wrote:

Peisistratous wrote:
Hi All
Thanks for posting this FAQ /Errata ...but any chance this can be formatted and posted in the files section please ...

Ditto. The files library is the first place I went to, to download the FAQ. When I didn't see it there, I went to the BO webpage. And when I didn't see it there, I went to the Game Salute website. And only then, when I didn't find it there either, I came here to the forum and typed "FAQ" in the search bar. Not a gripe, by any means ... only sharing this experience as a data point.

But it does beg the question, how about all those owners who don't use BGG? (And there are plenty) ... How are they accessing the Errata and FAQ?

Edit: I just finished copying & pasting the OP into a document, preserving the formatting, and I added a title and "as of date". With Game Salute's permission, I'll be happy to save it as a PDF and upload it to the Files Library. Though I can't guarantee that I'll be able to keep it updated, which would be the issue of course. Though I'll try to.


We seem to have walked the same path ...took me ages to find this buried in the forums ...if you PDF the doc any chance you can send me a copy ...I will give you 30 GG for your effort...

Cheers

Ric
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.