$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
42% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Virus» Forums » Rules

Subject: How many times I can fight against creature during one countdown period? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
xiaoyue xu
msg tools
During one countdown period, I roll to attack the creatures and they counter-attack myself and some creatures are still alive. After that can I roll against to start second attack if countdown isn't end?

That means if I roll and calculate result faster, I can fight more times during one countdown period. right?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Quondam
Italy
Roma
Roma
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This is an interesting point.

The simple reply is: No. After the roll the combat must end. If you didn't kill creatures you have to flee or remain there and fight on the following turn.

Remember to use advantages to improve your combat results
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
xiaoyue xu
msg tools
I see. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Con Sequence
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I am getting very confused and I think I still didn't get this.

Found this in the rules:
Real Time phase (p.6) wrote:
In this phase, each player performs actions until the countdown ends, he runs out of Action cubes, or he wants to stop — whichever comes first.

and this:
Combat round (p.12) wrote:
The player may roll as many times as he wishes within the countdown period. For each roll done he make 1 round of Combat.

This seems to be the opposite of what is stated here, isn't it?

I got my copy with English and German rules in Essen (SPIEL'16). Both rulebooks are similar. Have the rules changed? Will there be another version of the rules? I noticed that the uploaded English (beta) version to find here on BGG differs from mine (as Michele's answer obviously does as well). It does not even contain the Comband round section. But it's beta, right?

Would you mind clarifying this again? Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Quondam
Italy
Roma
Roma
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You have right. I'm accepting suggestions, critics and new ideas from players to improve rulebook and the game. As I already done during the crowdfunding campaign

In your (first) rulebook version was available the chance to do multiple rolls in the same combat in the same turn. In new version you can do just 1 for the same combat in the same turn.

This allowed me to explain the combat in much clearer way, keeping out some exceptions.

In the 95% of cases nothing is changed, as multiple rolls in the same combat and turn was rare (and also not a good decision in term of strategy).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Con Sequence
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks very much for this clarification.

I am currently making my way through the rules and hope I get them all before getting Virus to the table with some friends.

I already started making small overviews to sum up what is possible in the game. Maybe I'll share those with you at some point.

And I'll keep me updated concerning new rulebook versions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Quondam
Italy
Roma
Roma
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
seqcon wrote:
Thanks very much for this clarification.

I am currently making my way through the rules and hope I get them all before getting Virus to the table with some friends.

I already started making small overviews to sum up what is possible in the game. Maybe I'll share those with you at some point.

And I'll keep me updated concerning new rulebook versions.

Sure!
I'm here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.