Legendary: Deadpool» Forums » General

Subject: Thoughts from Solo Players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wondering if any solo players who have this expansion would care to share their impressions of how well it works in solo play?

I'm hesitant about getting it, because a lot of the cards seem focused on player interactions, and I wonder if I'm worrying about nothing and it's still fun, or if it actually is more of a multi-player experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak

Ann Arbor
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmb
dontfeedthegreen wrote:
Just wondering if any solo players who have this expansion would care to share their impressions of how well it works in solo play?

I'm hesitant about getting it, because a lot of the cards seem focused on player interactions, and I wonder if I'm worrying about nothing and it's still fun, or if it actually is more of a multi-player experience.

Ive only played 1 game and with 3 of us playing. Im sure someone on here has played it solo, and Ive seen some skeptical people, but to me it seems like it would play just fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Posa
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
dontfeedthegreen wrote:

I can only speak for myself, and my enjoyment of the game as a whole, but I had a lot of fun playing solo! I usually do three-hand solo (I don't know if that's the right terminology: I played three people at once, and it was wonderfully chaotic. I usually have to twist the rules a little bit to eliminate any weird rules done in secret, but I think I'm keeping within the spirit of the gameplay. The schemes and Masterminds (and to a lesser extent, the new villain groups) have forced me to rethink my strategy in a fun way. My first game I used the 'Deapool Writes A Scheme' and was drowning in wounds towards the end of the game, whereas most regular games I hardly touch the wound stack.

So, take it with a grain of salt, but I really like the new expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm with our green friend: I think this expansion borders on impossible, or at least highly bothersome, for true solo play, which I think may be the way most of us actually play the game (but I could be mistaken about that). It's a big reason I've not picked this one up yet as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just figure someone must have it and have played a few games by now. I'd love to hear how it went.

Thanks for the earlier responses too, but I'm interested in hearing peoples experiences of playing with the dark city advanced solo rules. That's how I play all my games, and I wouldn't be willing to change just for this expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Walker
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I've played Solo, works best with using only the expansions heroes tbh...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R C
Australia
flag msg tools
Im trying to decide wether to give it a go solo or wait till my wife has a chance to play with me.

Im thinking a good solo rule for that a certain deadpool excessive violence rare rule would be to take another turn AND NOT draw a villan. Otherwise it is 100% useless to us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan C
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's the only expansion I haven't bought. I'm not a fan of Deadpool movie/brand, and I mostly play Legendary solo (DC Advanced Solo Mode), so I've given it a pass unless something I read convinces me otherwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R C
Australia
flag msg tools
I play about 80% of my games solo. So I will be happy to let you know

Still think my rule for deadpools rare will make it fun

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.