Sentinels of the Multiverse» Forums » Variants

Subject: Custom villain: Hivemind rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Benton Winfrey
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
This is the second of my three villains (The Archmage was the first.) Again any feedback/suggestions (or art ideas) are welcome.

Difficulty:2
Villain: Hivemind
Front: One As All
HP:90

Setup:
At the start of the game, put Hivemind's villain character card into play, "One As All" side up. Reveal cards from the top of the villain deck until a swarm is revealed, put it into play, shuffle the other revealed cards into the villain deck.

Gameplay:
At the start of the villain turn shuffle the villain trash and put the top-most swarm card into play. At the end of the villain turn, Hivemind regains H-2 hp and deals the hero target with the highest hp H-1 infernal damage. If there are ever 4 swarm cards in play with different titles, flip the Hivemind's character cards.

Advanced: Increase damage dealt to hero targets by 1.

Back: All As One
HP:90

Gameplay:
Increase damage dealt to and by Hivemind by 1. At the start of the villain turn destroy a swarm card, then play the top card for the villain deck and Hivemind regains 5 hp. If there are ever no Swarm cards in play flip Hivemind's character cards.

Advanced: At the start of the villain turn shuffle the villain trash and play the top-most swarm card into play.

Ongoings(4)

Strength of the swarm(2)
Reduce damage dealt to Hivemind by 1 for each different type of swarm card in play. At the end of the villain turn each swarm deals the hero target with the highest hp 1 irreducible toxic damage.

Reforming enemy(2)
The first time damage would destroy a swarm card with 2 or more hp each turn, reduce the damage to 1.

One-shots(9)

Vast reinforcements(2)
Reveal the top H cards of the villain deck, put any revealed swarm cards into play, shuffle the other revealed cards into the villain deck.

Strength in numbers(3)
Each swarm card in play regains H-1 hp. Play the top card of the villain deck.

The swarm's power(2)
Hivemind deals each hero target x projectile damage,where x = number of swarm cards in play+2

Swarm tactics(2)
Hivemind regains x hp where x = the number of swarm cards in play +2. Hivemind deals the hero target with the highest hp H energy damage.

Swarm(12)

Wasp swarm(3)
HP:5
Reduce damage dealt to roach swarms by 1. At the end of the villain turn this card deals each hero target H-2 toxic damage.

Mosquito swarm(3)
HP:4
Reduce damage dealt to grasshopper swarms by 1. At the end of the villain turn this card deals the hero target with the lowest hp H-1 melee damage.

Grasshopper swarm(3)
HP:6
Reduce damage dealt to wasp swarms by 1. At the end of the villain turn destroy a hero ongoing or equipment card.

Roach swarm(3)
HP:5
Reduce damage dealt to mosquito swarms by 1. At the end of the villain turn each hero must discard a card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Guzman
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
Love the deck idea. I felt the energy damage on Swarm tactics was interesting and was curious why energy damage. I did feel for the sake of theme the abilities of the roach and grasshopper should of been switched as grasshoppers, which can turn into locusts, consume what you have and roaches make you want to throw things away as they are now dirty. Just my view point. Also I felt wasp swarm should deal toxic damage as it is the poison that really gets to you in a sting. Outside of thematic changes, I felt the deck looked like it would be a lot of fun to play against. Would need to play test against to get the real feel of it, but in theory, looks awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benton Winfrey
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
Thanks, I was trying to think of more damage types to use in the deck (reason for the energy damage) and I didn't think of changing that one, also changed the roach and grasshopper effects as that made more sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Guzman
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
pricyprovinces wrote:
Thanks, I was trying to think of more damage types to use in the deck (reason for the energy damage) and I didn't think of changing that one, also changed the roach and grasshopper effects as that made more sense.
No problem. The deck looks really neat and can think of little to improve it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seamus Butler
Ireland
flag msg tools
pricyprovinces wrote:
One as All
Gameplay:
At the start of the villain turn shuffle the villain trash and put the top-most swarm card into play. At the end of the villain turn, Hivemind regains H-2 hp and deals the hero target with the highest hp H-1 infernal damage. If there are ever 4 swarm cards in play with different titles, flip the Hivemind's character cards.

Back: All As One
Gameplay:
Increase damage dealt to and by Hivemind by 1. At the start of the villain turn destroy a swarm card, then play the top card for the villain deck and Hivemind regains 5 hp. If there are ever no Swarm cards in play flip Hivemind's character cards.

One-shots(9)
Vast reinforcements(2)
Reveal the top H cards of the villain deck, put any revealed swarm cards into play, shuffle the other revealed cards into the villain deck.

The swarm's power(2)
Hivemind deals each hero target x projectile damage,where x = number of swarm cards in play+2

Swarm(12)

Edge case I spotted.

Hivemind flips when there are 4 Swarms in play, if the players don't kill any of them it swings around to Hiveminds next turn.
Start of turn action: He plays Vast Reinforcments and by luck of the draw get's H swarm cards.
Paly Phase: He gets The Swarm's Power. That's potentially 9/10/11 damage to every hero target.

Like I said it's an edge case but with just over half the deck being swarm cards it's a potential game wipe that once it hits the villian turn nothing can be done to stop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benton Winfrey
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
This is true but I also wanted to make it less like citizen dawn, where you don't really have to worry about the citizens too much and you can just pound her a bunch and win whereas with Hivemind you do have to worry about those things happening. This is still great feedback though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennison Milenkaya
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Damage? Whatever! There are ways to mitigate damage. I'm concerned about a potential "Everyone discards 3" turn. You could empty out the collective heroes' hands in no time and there's no way to come back from that, unless by chance, your innates are enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benton Winfrey
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
Unless he flips and starts eating them, assuming you don't have enough damage to destroy one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennison Milenkaya
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, but it's still 2 more turns before anyone has a card to play. And that is assuming you skip your power use to draw 2 and lose 1 to the remaining Roach.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.