Hide
10 Posts

BattleTech: Domination» Forums » General

Subject: Version 4? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Weier
msg tools
Hello all! I just kind of stumbled on this game today, and I see that a few months ago version 4 was just about to get released, and then some nice coupon on Artscow kind of rushed it out. Now that's over, I'm noticing that the download section doesn't have the files or the rules, just version 3. I did find the thread that had the drive link and the quick play rules, but I wanted to know if v4 got a proper finish and an easy place to find all the materials?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Heise
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, and welcome to the game! Your recap of what happened with v4 is spot on. I rushed to take advantage of the Artscow coupon and also to web app finished to a playable state, but never "finalized" v4 or published a PnP version before getting distracted by real life (and a little burned out, too). I'm happy to know that there's still interest in a PnP version so I'll so what I can do to get it published in the couple weeks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond C.
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't wait!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Weier
msg tools
I actually made an account on BBG just to post on your board. (I've used BBG many times to check out games, but never to post) My gf and I are big into deck building games, and I LOVE btech, so it seems like a good fit, and with such a low cost it would be great to get it to just try it out with her. I'd be very interested in the base rules for now to see if she'd be interested in it. If you do get it up in the next few weeks any chance you can shoot me an email? I'd hate to miss it as this isn't one of my regular sites to check.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Heise
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! I really hope you enjoy the game. Have you seen the BTD web app? That way you can try out the game without having to wait for me. http://smartreaction.duckdns.org/battle-tech-domination/logi... Let me know if you want to meet up for a game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Hung
Hong Kong
Wan Chai
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So in a word, does it mean I can buy a complete package off the Artscow except for the rules and get the deck run and play? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Heise
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lawrence Hung wrote:
So in a word, does it mean I can buy a complete package off the Artscow except for the rules and get the deck run and play? Thanks.

Yes you can. The entire game is contained within the 3 54-card Artscow decks that I shared, although I took some cards out in order to fit the game into 3 decks (the web app and PnP version have a few more cards). Each deck costs $20 without coupon (thus $60 for the whole game), which is why it's often nice to wait for them to run a coupon.

The links to the Artscow decks are in this thread. If you're interested in buying a copy, I suggest waiting for a bit so that I can release the Infantry Platoon card with the updated version (now costs $1 instead of $0).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Hung
Hong Kong
Wan Chai
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure thing. I'd always like to have a complete set in one go instead of buying at different stages, confusing whether I have this or that or not.....Great files! I am a Battletech fan though I don't have the time nor space to collect all those minis. Card play can satisfy my desire somewhat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Houston
msg tools
paladin314 wrote:
Hello all! I just kind of stumbled on this game today, and I see that a few months ago version 4 was just about to get released, and then some nice coupon on Artscow kind of rushed it out. Now that's over, I'm noticing that the download section doesn't have the files or the rules, just version 3. I did find the thread that had the drive link and the quick play rules, but I wanted to know if v4 got a proper finish and an easy place to find all the materials?

I too am looking forward to the PnP to go up took a look at the App looks fun messed around with it a bit still want one to force my Girlfriend to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Heise
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll try to have it ready by the end of Thanksgiving weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.