Patrick Leder
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Not much is different here just a few wording changes, some layout. Added the generic rules pages. I still need to take screen shots for the samples in the back. If anyone is interested in doing that, I haven't had the time lately.

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B8xlQYyEm7zMfndS...

I think we are going to go with this after another pass unless there are strong objections.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. Looking forward to playing this game again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Van der Meulen
Belgium
Bornem
flag msg tools
Thanks for the updated rules. One slight remark:

Knight rules, "Attacking the Dragon": "and you can only attack him only once per turn." --> one "only" to much, I think
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leder
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Kyle has made a note and will fix it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fildes
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
GreenM wrote:
Not much is different here just a few wording changes, some layout. Added the generic rules pages. I still need to take screen shots for the samples in the back. If anyone is interested in doing that, I haven't had the time lately.

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B8xlQYyEm7zMfndS...

I think we are going to go with this after another pass unless there are strong objections.

In a play over the weekend we found a couple of rules issues which still seem to be in the new version of the rules:

1) Attacking the dragon:
in the Knight's section it says:

If the Dragon is underground and the collapse
has not begun yet, you must use your Bomb
equipment to attack, and you can only attack
once per turn. If the collapse has begun you
do not need a Bomb, but can still only attack
once per turn.

in the Dragon's section, under the surfacing section, in the Beware box, it says:

Once the Dragon has surfaced or if
the Cave has started to collapse, the
Knight no longer needs to use Bombs to
attack you, and she can spend multiple
Encounters to attack you multiple times.

Which is correct? Can you attack once or more than once?

2) The Goblins

Overpopulation: on the player board in the Rage section it says you can spend rage to prevent scattering, but I can't find any reference to this anywhere else, should this be an option, and if so how does it work?

Tribe special powers: on the player board it says that you can only use the special powers when the tribe is revealed, but it doesn't mention that in the rules, which is correct.

Cheers, we really enjoyed the game and are looking forward to playing again.

Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
High Frontier PBF #17 - Failing spaceward!
badge
We must move forward, not backward, upward, not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!
mbmbmbmbmb
Make sure that you're looking in the "Second Printing - Revision 2" folder of the Google Drive link. The files in the main folder are still from the first edition.

triviadave wrote:
In a play over the weekend we found a couple of rules issues which still seem to be in the new version of the rules:

1) Attacking the dragon:
in the Knight's section it says:

If the Dragon is underground and the collapse
has not begun yet, you must use your Bomb
equipment to attack, and you can only attack
once per turn. If the collapse has begun you
do not need a Bomb, but can still only attack
once per turn.

in the Dragon's section, under the surfacing section, in the Beware box, it says:

Once the Dragon has surfaced or if
the Cave has started to collapse, the
Knight no longer needs to use Bombs to
attack you, and she can spend multiple
Encounters to attack you multiple times.

Which is correct? Can you attack once or more than once?
There are slightly different overlapping conditions for when the bombs are required and when multiple attacks are allowed.

Dragon Underground, Collapse not begun: Bombs required, one attack per turn.
Dragon Underground, Collapse begun: Bomb NOT required, one attack per turn.
Dragon Surfaced: Bomb NOT required, multiple attacks allowed.

In the second edition rules, the "Beware" box has been reworded to more clearly separate the effects of being surfaced from the effects of the collapse. It was slightly unclear/contradictory in the original rules.

Quote:
2) The Goblins

Overpopulation: on the player board in the Rage section it says you can spend rage to prevent scattering, but I can't find any reference to this anywhere else, should this be an option, and if so how does it work?

This is listed in the rules under "2) Populate Tribes", as follows:

You can prevent adding any number of Goblin
discs to any Tribe by spending 1 Rage per
Tribe you affect.

It intentionally refers to preventing overpopulation rather than preventing scattering, because if multiple tribes would overpopulate at the same time, you'd need to spend a rage for each to avoid the effect entirely.

Quote:
Tribe special powers: on the player board it says that you can only use the special powers when the tribe is revealed, but it doesn't mention that in the rules, which is correct.
The Tribe must be on the map (revealed) to use a special action. The second edition rulebook has this added to the header where the special actions are listed: "A hidden Tribe cannot use its special action."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leder
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Were you working off the rules in the main directory or the revision 2 sub directory?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.