$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
42% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Legendary: Deadpool» Forums » General

Subject: Is the Deadpool from Original set considered part of team Deadpool? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marc Drebing
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I realize the Deadpool cards from the original set have no team affiliation, but what about playing other cards from this expansion? Just wondering...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure I completely understand the question, but I'll try to answer anyway.

Original Deadpool has no team affiliation and will not trigger anything that requires a team affiliation symbol.

He does have the name "Deadpool" and will trigger any and all effects that use that name. For example in the scheme "Deadpool writes a scheme" he could be used as the Deadpool hero required.

Does this answer your question?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Drebing
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M M
msg tools
I would agree that going by the rules as written, Max Jansson is correct.

The beauty of board/card games is that you can house rule things. Given that the original release of the game 4 years ago likely did not anticipate a "dead pool" team it would not seem an unreasonable house rule to me. Just recognize that doing so is likely to make the game easier (to varying degrees) than not having a team.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danté Darko-Moss
msg tools
as the other of stated yes you could use the base set "Deadpool" for "Deadpool writes a scheme"

wrote:

He does have the name "Deadpool" and will trigger any and all effects that use that name. For example in the scheme "Deadpool writes a scheme" he could be used as the Deadpool hero required.

however, the team affiliation is not deadpool its "Deadpool's Mercs for Money" so the base set Deadpool would not trigger any effect even though he is deadpool for "everybody hates deadpool" as it requires at least 1 mercs for money affiliation character for example:

Deadpool (mercs for money/lenedary: deadpool)
Slapstick
Solo
Stingray

ect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FallOutBlood wrote:
as the other of stated yes you could use the base set "Deadpool" for "Deadpool writes a scheme"

wrote:

however, the team affiliation is not deadpool its "Deadpool's Mercs for Money" so the base set Deadpool would not trigger any effect even though he is deadpool for "everybody hates deadpool" as it requires at least 1 mercs for money affiliation character for example:

Deadpool (mercs for money/lenedary: deadpool)
Slapstick
Solo
Stingray

ect.

Yea, that's what I wrote. Wasn't it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.