$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 125.35

7,465 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
47% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend
26 
 Thumb up
 Hide
45 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Firefly: The Game» Forums » News

Subject: Crime & Punishment Game Booster & Big Money Deluxe Accessory rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
richard spangle
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shiny.
New Booster and the previously mentioned Big Money!
this looks to be a great year!

http://www.fireflythegame.com/


18 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rowley
United Kingdom
Stafford
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Persons of Interest" - good call George!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger BW
United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The new Misbehaves are very welcome - something we've been looking for for a while. Looks as if "Solid with X" will be a valid Ace for some of them.

I'm guessing the small Wanted tokens are put down on planets/contacts/etc. which are the subject of a Priority Alert – and maybe Crew too?

I'll definitely be getting this one. Not sure about the Big Money - the cash is lovely, but I have a Big Damn Crate now and I'm not sure it'll fit.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Woohoo! Not sure how I feel about contacts being cut off for any amount of time, but looking forward to whatever else is in there!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Firedrake wrote:
...Not sure about the Big Money...

So, just bigger versions of the existing paper money, with an added denomination?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Badger: Crime and politics, little girl. Situation is always... fluid.
Jayne: The only fluid I see here is the puddle of piss refusing to pay us our wage.


(I know it's "crime and punishment", not "crime and politics", but it still reminded me of the quote.)
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard spangle
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dbolyard wrote:
Firedrake wrote:
...Not sure about the Big Money...
So, just bigger versions of the existing paper money, with an added denomination?

well, they do say in the article:
The paper money from Firefly: The Game has always been very popular, and we’ve had lots of requests to make it available separately for gamers, Browncoats and Firefly fans alike.
I know several Browncoats who will enjoy having this size coin for convention purposes.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
flag msg tools
We've done the impossible, and that makes us mighty.
badge
Ten percent of nothing is, let me do the math here, nothing into nothing, carry the nothin'...
mbmbmbmbmb
Good work GF9! Looking forward to this expansion! Exciting news indeed. We prefer to use chips for money, but we'll still get the new money.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mudd Grizzly

Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmb
I was hoping the big money wouldn't be literal, but I wasn't thinking about the value to gamers and cosplayers. I don't see myself buying it, but I'd appreciate seeing it at a convention or RPG session.

I'm curious about Alliance Priority Alerts. I don't play with a lot of folks who are willing to read a handful rulebooks ahead of time. They're generally relying on me to sum up the important rules before the game starts, which can take a bit as is. While I personally would love to play with some new mechanics, I'm really worried about overwhelming people. And I can't quite place my finger on what the difference is, but I'm worried that it'll add the bad kind of randomness. Will blocking Supply Planets and Contacts just slow down the game? But I'll keep an open mind, since I clearly haven't even seen the rules yet.

New Story Cards are always welcome. I've enjoyed each addition to date. I wasn't particularly yearning for new Set-Up Cards, but I've enjoyed the ones we've gotten so far too.

The new Misbehave cards are definitely what I'm the most excited for. I'm going to do my best to only find out what the cards are through gameplay. I'm super jazzed to go back to the days of not even knowing what could be coming. And 40 cards! So great. As long as the price isn't too crazy, this alone would get me to buy the expansion.

Other than the Misbehaves, there's nothing here I was particularly looking for though. I'm genuinely excited but not especially blown away. What do others think?

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Williams
Australia
Marrickville (Sydney)
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Table space is at a premium with this game, so regarding the cash, bigger stuff is not what I'd hoped for. But with all the other goodies, this is a must-buy.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noel
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I sleeved my cards, so while doubling the Misbehave deck will add wanted variety, it just made my Big Damn Crate a whole lot smaller. The card tray for the Misbehave cards can hold at most 60 sleeved cards...


 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jlwill wrote:
Table space is at a premium with this game, so regarding the cash, bigger stuff is not what I'd hoped for. But with all the other goodies, this is a must-buy.

the "big money" is a seperate accessory purchase, so you can just get the "crime and punishment" booster
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
not what I was expecting, but I will definitely pick up the Crime and punishment thing. As cool as the money is in the game, I have no interest in getting larger bills for the game. Table space is already a premium when playing. Smaller components would be more welcome.

I still want a version of The Verse map scaled down 20% or so. The spaces will all still be playable at that scale and it will take up considerable less table space.
4 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felipe Bulhões
Brazil
flag msg tools
mb
I like crime & punishment!

Only regret the lack of piracy/breaking atmo jobs for the new contacts and bounty cards for the new ones added by Blue Sun and Kalidasa expansions. Hopefully someday they will round down the game.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ha. Funny that a few of us were right in general on the nature of the "big money" tease.

Now, on the C&P, what are we seeing here?

One thing worth noting: I believe this is the first legitimate expansion (not counting things like the ship dice) that does not seem to include new supplies. Not saying we need more, but still interesting.

Product seems to include:

* 40 new Misbehaves
* A variable number of Alliance Priority Alerts
* New tokens, apparently including "Wanted" tokens
* 2 new Story Cards
* 2 new Set-Up Cards

40 new Misbehaves
is awesome. If what little we can see is any indication, it doesn't necessarily seem like these cards will necessarily be any tougher than the others, but may be more diversified.

UNIFICATION DAY FESTIVITIES is an interesting outlier compared with existing cards. To date, all Misbehaves have 2 options, each with a 4-line box. Although the U-Day card seems to still have 2 options, the first one goes at least 7 lines and looks somewhat complicated.

I'm curious at the doubling of the deck. Is this to to add increased variety, or will there be an option to play with two different decks? With this many cards, will there be a second Reshuffle card?

Alliance Priority Alerts are a very cool idea. There are some elements of Local Color, but it seems even more like the idea of "news" that can impact the game as a whole.

This will definitely add more challenge to the game by making tried and true strategies less reliable, but until we know more, we won't really understand the impact. How many cards are there? How are they activated/deactivated? How many can be in play at once?

As a side note, it's unclear if things in the image are to scale, but if they are, these cards will introduce a new, smaller deck size.

The new tokens appear to introduced a new Wanted mechanism. Does it apply to Contacts or Crew? Both? Will we see a mechanic that can make non-Wanted Crew become Wanted? Or is this an indicator that a Contact must lay low? If the latter, I would assume that the flip side of the token will be something to indicate a planetary embargo.

The Story and Set-Up Cards are largely a mystery at this point. WANTED MEN seems to be a money grab story, although I'm sure there will be a twist, possibly with Warrants. Maybe you get a bonus to each job per active Warrant?

One of the Set-Up cards refers to keeping the Alliance on high alert, so I assume that will put the Priority Alerts into heavy rotation.

The other promises to "make sure you and yours keeps flyin’." To me, this can be read two different ways: as either a benefit that ensures that capability to keep going remains... or as a threat, that you can't stay still for too long. My money is on the latter.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Bocook
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Shame that Crime & Punishment doesn't come with the standard-sized $5,000 bills. But, still a fine lookin' set.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rowley
United Kingdom
Stafford
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm already rubbing my hands together to see how the "Alliance Priority Alerts" will impact and add new twists to an Alliance Player... whistle

My only disappointment is the release date to after 25th December! I think GF9 missed the boat there. shake
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cal Rasmussen
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
UpStarter wrote:
I'm already rubbing my hands together to see how the "Alliance Priority Alerts" will impact and add new twists to an Alliance Player... whistle

My only disappointment is the release date to after 25th December! I think GF9 missed the boat there. shake


Maybe it really did miss a boat....and maybe that's why it isn't going to be after next year. haha
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noel
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Take those holiday gift cards that you'll get and buy the expansion.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rowley
United Kingdom
Stafford
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
n815e wrote:
Take those holiday gift cards that you'll get and buy the expansion.

Good idea. I'll ask people to oblige.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Saunders
United States
Hot Springs
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never ordered anything straight from GF9 in the past. Are their preorder prices usually where the pricing stays? I'm surprised that this is only $15 on there.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am really excited about that money!

I know that this game already takes up far too much space, I know that it probably won't fit in my Big Damn Box, and I know that it's not really necessary or needed. But the one and only thing I ever felt was lacking in the money—which is, to be clear, the best-looking stock in-game money around—was that it was smaller than what we see on screen. Given that I already supplement the paper money with metal coins for a more realistic experience, I am very much looking forward to this.

Of course, C&P seems like it'll also be a great addition that I already want immediately, but everyone else was already being excited about that.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dprcooke wrote:
I am really excited about that money!

I know that this game already takes up far too much space, I know that it probably won't fit in my Big Damn Box, and I know that it's not really necessary or needed. But the one and only thing I ever felt was lacking in the money—which is, to be clear, the best-looking stock in-game money around—was that it was smaller than what we see on screen. Given that I already supplement the paper money with metal coins for a more realistic experience, I am very much looking forward to this.

Of course, C&P seems like it'll also be a great addition that I already want immediately, but everyone else was already being excited about that.


How do you supplement it?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lochmoigh wrote:
dprcooke wrote:
I am really excited about that money!

I know that this game already takes up far too much space, I know that it probably won't fit in my Big Damn Box, and I know that it's not really necessary or needed. But the one and only thing I ever felt was lacking in the money—which is, to be clear, the best-looking stock in-game money around—was that it was smaller than what we see on screen. Given that I already supplement the paper money with metal coins for a more realistic experience, I am very much looking forward to this.

Of course, C&P seems like it'll also be a great addition that I already want immediately, but everyone else was already being excited about that.


How do you supplement it?


With 3 sets of Eastern-style coins. I got these ones www.drawlab.com/shop/far-east-set-legendary-metal-coins-2/ during a Kickstarter and split the shipping cost with a friend.

We play with Bronze = 50, Silver = 100, and Gold = 200, and use the coins alongside the paper money. The result is a mix on paper and coins that not only matches the show nicely, but looks pretty and feels great too.

Edit to add: I also briefly looked into getting brown "leather" money clips so that we could all store our cash while playing the same way Mal does. But that would've been really expensive and I didn't feel it was reasonable spending more on an accessory than the game... which is why one year later I ordered the Big Damn Box .
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Stratford
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
phideaux1 wrote:
I've never ordered anything straight from GF9 in the past. Are their preorder prices usually where the pricing stays? I'm surprised that this is only $15 on there.
Yes. I've ordered most of the Firefly stuff directly from their website and the prices have not changed from pre-order.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.