Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michał Pietrzak
Poland
Zgierz
flag msg tools
"Mind if I roll need?"
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played this game only once, and I'm not sure if I've got everything from rule book. I encountered situation where I could not take any commission in last round - being at reputation level 4 and not having any high quality goods. Only thing I could do was crafting some stuff and sell it but gold doesn't matter in final scoring.

I wanted to ask - why is it? This game has a cool idea in it but this small things made me wonder if it is really any good. Gonna go through the rules one more time to see if missed something but it looks like you can have forced dead turn at the end of the game which I'm not fan of. And gold should matter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Alton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
Paper 'Mech - winner 'Best Overall Design' in the 2016 1-page PNP Contest
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Michal

thanks for downloading and trying the game. I'm sorry you had a frustrating final round.
As you play the game more and get to know the requirements on the commission cards you will be better prepared for which cards have yet to be revealed during the game.

Part of the game is in forward planning and once you know the cards better, you can stockpile quality components ready for commissions that will appear later.

I hope you stick with it and have a better time. However, it may be that you try it a few more times and still don't like the way it works.
When designing a game, I have to accept that some mechanics simply may not be to everyone's taste and that's totally fine, and I understand

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michał Pietrzak
Poland
Zgierz
flag msg tools
"Mind if I roll need?"
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, it's not a bug it's a feature.

I'm not quite sure if memorizing deck is a good thing. Maybe knowing one commission in forward (revealing it without possibility of doing it at something like "day 0") could be a nice solution. Similar mechanic is applied in The Bloody Inn and it's working there pretty well.

I hope my observations would be helpful in your future works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Alton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
Paper 'Mech - winner 'Best Overall Design' in the 2016 1-page PNP Contest
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Absolutely! I find all suggestions and feedback are invaluable in helping me to improve as a game designer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.