Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim . K
United Kingdom
Southend-on-Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
On page 8 of the rulebook, under 'range' it says:

'When measuring the range, count the number of squares from the firing unit to the target unit.(not diagonally). If the range of the weapon is less than or equal to the distance, and line of sight is not blocked, then the unit can fire'.

I'm just checking the obvious.. The range of the weapon surely needs to be equal or greater than the distance measured to be in range right?

The black box example on the same page contradicts that paragraph , (showing the weapons' range to be less than the distance measured, but therefore not eligible to attack).

The example in the black box is correct whilst the paragraph I quoted is incorrect, am I right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Paull
United Kingdom
HUNTINGDON
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
JimBGG wrote:
On page 8 of the rulebook, under 'range' it says:

'When measuring the range, count the number of squares from the firing unit to the target unit.(not diagonally). If the range of the weapon is less than or equal to the distance, and line of sight is not blocked, then the unit can fire'.

I'm just checking the obvious.. The range of the weapon surely needs to be equal or greater than the distance measured to be in range right?

The black box example on the same page contradicts that paragraph , (showing the weapons' range to be less than the distance measured, but therefore not eligible to attack).

The example in the black box is correct whilst the paragraph I quoted is incorrect, am I right?

Hi Jim
I believe you are correct. We've not had anyone else point that out, so it seems that everyone reads the correct meaning, even though it's stated incorrectly. The example is correct.

The text should read: "If the range of the weapon is greater than or equal to the distance, and line of sight is not blocked, then the unit can fire."

Many apologies for the error.

Alan Paull
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim . K
United Kingdom
Southend-on-Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
cheers Alan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.