Subject: Warning- Please read before purchasing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Emad Aziz
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
This expansion is for Pandemic The Cure dice game, and NOT Pandemic the board game. I made this mistake and $60 CDN poorer, realized the error.

I'll probably buy the THE CURE dice game now, but wait... $60 CDN for a bunch of dice and 20 or so cards expansion is Robbery! My fellow Canadians, please wait for a sale price.

There is more cardboard packaging than actual game components in this cash grab. Disappointing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Morton
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
[Daytrip Gaming]
mbmbmbmbmb
Um.... See game title?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not robbery at all. There is pretty much the same content as the base game. Anxiously awaiting it coming to my place of purchased. Instant buy then for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K S
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It's really unfortunate that you didn't end up getting what you thought you were. Is it still possible to return it? Alternately, you could probably unload it to other gamers pretty quickly; the game is popular, and a brand-new expansion would probably sell quickly. If you do decide to keep it and give The Cure the try, I hope you enjoy it. I honestly enjoy it more than the original Pandemic and it's one of my all-time my favorite games and, as Rick points out, this expansion basically doubles the content of the base game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emad Aziz
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
Thanks! I'm a big fan of the board game and will surely give The Cure a try. I'm wondering if pricing is more competitive in the US than CDN? Also, the gamebox size and artwork is similar to the board game expansions, to the unsuspecting eye like mine, you couldn't tell the difference!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Anness
Canada
Oshawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm Canadian and I bought it. Yes I do feel ripped off but meh, what can you do?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emad Aziz
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
Get back at them on boxing day sale!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Hatch
United States
San Pedro
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
$60 CDN? Wow.

I got my copy for less than $32, and taking into account current exchange rates, that's a little less than $43 CDN.

I don't really have much sympathy for your own mistake of not paying attention with all the Pandemic products out there now, but you definitely have my sympathy for the difficulties of getting games at reasonable prices up your way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.