Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Hebert
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played the game a handful of times and am really digging it. I am curious about the realtive desirability of the action cards. I don't expect them to be balanced as the fun is in drafting the cards you think you need while denying your opponents the cards you think they might want. But the Druid seems like a card you would never pass. Am I wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanguy Serra
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I tend to agree that druid is a powerful card but I would submit that in situations with a powerful advantage card (forest (draw epic tale, iron mind (conflict)) - the ability to drop citadels as a first card and pick up the advantage card/take it from another player can outweigh the option value of the druid - time value vs. choice value -

Towards the end of the game - Geiss becomes the most powerful card in my mind as burning the key action of the key opponent is massively valuable

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark van der werf
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Druid is a solid and versatile card, but it has the tempo problem. Sometimes you want done things quickly, Citadels before advantage cards are used, a clash before changes occur and a festival is played and so on.

Also some cards just work better when a little unexpected, fetch a good card to clash with druid and you can have some problems. A bard when collected from the discard pile is simply not as strong as a bard directly in hand for example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.