Subject: Simple Question about TR and Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Boylan
United States
Morrisville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
If you use a standard project to place a greenery tile, you increase O2 and gain +1 on the TR track. However, if a card allows you to play a greenery tile, you then don't receive the +1 TR point. Is that correct? Same for cards that allow you to place an ocean or raise the temp, no TR increase right? (Unless the card says to do so.)

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Fearnley
Canada
flag msg tools
Any time you raise a global parameter your TR goes up by 1.

Greenery tiles provide oxygen, so when you place a greenery tile and oxygen isn't maxed out, then oxygen moves up a step and you get +1 TR. If oxygen is maxed out, then there is no TR gain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skeeter Murphy
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Always increase TR...

According to page 3:
Quote:
Temperature, oxygen, and ocean are called global parameters. Whenever you raise on of them, your terraform rating also increases...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Boylan
United States
Morrisville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
blush

Oops. Thank you both!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X Shrike
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
smurphy wrote:
Always increase TR...

According to page 3:
Quote:
Temperature, oxygen, and ocean are called global parameters. Whenever you raise on of them, your terraform rating also increases...

Adding to this; unless the global parameter is maxed out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Örjan Almén
Sweden
Karlstad
flag msg tools
mbmb
XShrike wrote:

Adding to this; unless the global parameter is maxed out.

But then you aren't raising them...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Boylan
United States
Morrisville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I just found it odd because I thought some cards reminded you to +1 TR when increasing a parameter, and some didn't. That's why we were confused whether you should always do it. Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Örjan Almén
Sweden
Karlstad
flag msg tools
mbmb
greenladdy wrote:
I just found it odd because I thought some cards reminded you to +1 TR when increasing a parameter, and some didn't. That's why we were confused whether you should always do it. Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly though.

Yeah, the greeneries built from cards reminds you of raising the oxygen and the TR, as it's an action that should lead to a raise of a global parameter. The cards raising temperature or placing an ocean don't remind you, neither the ones raising the oxygene level directly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Ruckeisen
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
orjanalmen wrote:
greenladdy wrote:
I just found it odd because I thought some cards reminded you to +1 TR when increasing a parameter, and some didn't.

Yeah, the greeneries built from cards reminds you of raising the oxygen and the TR

Actually, no. No card that raises any global parameter reminds you to increase your TR if you do.

You're both thinking of the 3 cards that let you place a greenery tile - those do remind you to also raise oxygen (which has been enough to confuse some people, there are at least 3 threads about this around here). But they say nothing about raising TR as a consequence of the O2 increase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.