Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathaniel Walter
United States
Fort Morgan
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Here is a picture of took of my Rook City/Infernal Relics rule book. Gloomweaver shows as a 1 difficulty. If you look at the Sentinels of the Multiverse enhanced edition rule book, Gloomweaver shows as a 3 difficulty. One of these has to be a typo right? Did they finally decide to lower Gloomweaver's difficulty?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennison Milenkaya
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! Two typos on the same subject. What a find!

The correct difficulty is 0. Check the errata sheet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Stull
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a typo. They updated some of the villain difficulty listings with the Infernal Relics/Rook City box which is newer. I wouldn't be surprised if the latest printing of the enhanced edition core game has an updated difficulty chart.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take Walker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
Wait, seriously? They finally accept that Gloomweaver is in no way threatening? Hallelujah.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TakeWalker wrote:
Wait, seriously? They finally accept that Gloomweaver is in no way threatening? Hallelujah.

If only there was a 0 rating, Gloomie and Chokepoint would rock it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy 'Peachy' Devery
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, Chokepoint makes me a sad, sad panda. At least GloomWeaver can fall into a damage route. Not a winning one, but oi, at least it's a start?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Walter
United States
Fort Morgan
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They also need to fix the video game then. They list him as a 3.

FlatOnHisFace wrote:
Wow! Two typos on the same subject. What a find!

The correct difficulty is 0. Check the errata sheet.

I agree he is basically a 0.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennison Milenkaya
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We tried to make Chokepoint tougher by giving her 2 card plays per villain turn. Still an easy win. How'd her deck make it through play-testing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take Walker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
Two plays didn't do it? How many heroes? o.o

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Stull
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chokepoint has regular destruction but just not much damage to multiple targets to take advantage of her damage boost on the flipped side. I'm really hoping her challenge mode is just something like H-2 damage to all hero targets or H damage to the lowest health hero target.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everything between now and the next game is just killing time
England
London
Agitation
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FlatOnHisFace wrote:
We tried to make Chokepoint tougher by giving her 2 card plays per villain turn. Still an easy win. How'd her deck make it through play-testing?

The same way any deck does, that's the way Christopher wanted it to work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennison Milenkaya
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's hoping that next craze takes into consideration what the payers want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennison Milenkaya
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TakeWalker wrote:
Two plays didn't do it? How many heroes? o.o

Four.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynk Fox
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
FlatOnHisFace wrote:

You wanna make her tougher? Player AZ, Bunker, and Unity against her. That is a rather tough fight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles S
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lynkfox wrote:
FlatOnHisFace wrote:

You wanna make her tougher? Player AZ, Bunker, and Unity against her. That is a rather tough fight.

I agree this makes her tougher. I did this on a whim after deciding she was difficulty 0, and was shocked at how hard it was.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lynkfox wrote:
FlatOnHisFace wrote:

Which, of course, you probably know this, but that's the canonical Termi-Nation battle, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kaylor
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
greylag wrote:
lynkfox wrote:
FlatOnHisFace wrote:

Which, of course, you probably know this, but that's the canonical Termi-Nation battle, right?

Exactly.

One of my favorite "hard" variants of her is to give her a +X/-x damage boost/resistance to each hero for how many cards she has flipped down.

For example, if she has 2 of AZs cards, she does 2 more to him and takes 2 less from him. Really changes how you want to approach which card gets discarded while flipped down.

Basically it's the same wording she has on the back of her card currently, but it's an X instead of a 1. Makes advanced mode harder too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take Walker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
The +X is fine, but I still think going X DR off the cards is going to majorly screw some heroes. If everyone's got +2/-2 against her, you're gonna have some major damage dealers twiddling their thumbs while waiting for their cards to get destroyed. And that's just not fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.