Luish Moraes Coelho
Brazil
Belo Horizonte
Minas Gerais
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
hello everyone,

at the Booth that showed the game, in Essen, I played a few rounds of Legends of Sabao and it seems a very interesting game. I haven´t play it with my group yet. We played with the Temporary Employment rule, which I´d like to call attention to that, since it is not written on the original rule book but it makes a lot more sense (to me) to play with that than only use the original possibility.

Although, this rule is present on the file posted here on BGG:

"Temporary employment
★You can employ some Temp Servants (Cost Silvers and not put your Excess Servants) when you need one more Servants be put in (at last 1 your Servants must be put in) the Area that other player had put their Servants in. It will cost Silver 1 for the first Temp Servants, cost 2 for the Second Temp Servants, and cost 3 for the Third Temp Servants, and so on."

That is a good option to have (paying money instead of compromising Servants). Since money is increasable during the game and we have only six servants to spread around the board, spending two or more Servants in only one space may be very fearful, and it lets the Competition aspect of the game not very interesting to take the risk (because if one looses the bid all their servants involved go out of the board for that round).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jianjun ma
China
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wow,you're the brazilian friend I taught about the game?Right now,I have already talked to the designer and we have an altenative way of temporary servents,just wait a little longer and we'll update the rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luish Moraes Coelho
Brazil
Belo Horizonte
Minas Gerais
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
yes, that´s me! I played some turns of the game twice, with two different groups.

I am really looking forward to this new possibility for the Temporary Servants (although the actual one with paying one coin for each extra servant needed already seems nice to me).

Did you see my question about the Sea space too?

thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jianjun ma
China
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I saw that question, actually it should work like tunnels and you only pay once to the bank,but I'll have to double-check it. I'll try to post the new rules next week,stay tuned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rainer Nehuis
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played the game with the new rules explained at the Essen fair.

There was no spending two or more Servants on one enemy space only ONE.

And the rules about the Temp Servants was just removed.

This version worked very well, we played with six and had much fun.
In spite of this some other rule questions arose in the game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.