4,125 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
26% of Goal | 29 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Duel on the Steppe: The Winter Campaign in the Ukraine, Jan-Mar 1943» Forums » Rules

Subject: Some minor questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rory Colling
United States
VICTOR
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Questions on minor things.

1. On page 24, Rule 17.1.4 the Soviet Reinforcements for Turn 2: The 4-5-5 (107) Infantry...should it be the 170?

2. On page 24, Turn 3 Reinforcements fourth one down...The 3-4-5 (25G) Infantry: Should this be listed as depleted?

3. On page 28, for Turn 6 Soviet Reinforcements the second from the bottom is listed as 5-6-5 (50) Infantry and not denoted as (Voronezh). I found that one in the Voronezh units, not the Southwest. Should it be the Voronezh unit?

Thank you!

Posted at CSW also.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Valdez
msg tools
zerstorer88 wrote:
Questions on minor things.

1. On page 24, Rule 17.1.4 the Soviet Reinforcements for Turn 2: The 4-5-5 (107) Infantry...should it be the 170?

2. On page 24, Turn 3 Reinforcements fourth one down...The 3-4-5 (25G) Infantry: Should this be listed as depleted?

3. On page 28, for Turn 6 Soviet Reinforcements the second from the bottom is listed as 5-6-5 (50) Infantry and not denoted as (Voronezh). I found that one in the Voronezh units, not the Southwest. Should it be the Voronezh unit?

Thank you!

Posted at CSW also.

Best I can offer at the moment is grabbing the errata from DG. I have played this twice solo, and recall all the units worked out correctly.

FWIW, I quite enjoyed the game, enough that I'd be happy to play the through campaign scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rory Colling
United States
VICTOR
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Juan.

But these are from the latest rule book: ST285-Duel-on-the-Steppe Vers. 4.pdf (463 KB)

And the DG website e-rules are 1 year older than this one.

Anyways no biggie.

I'm glad you like the game, some games from the magazines are not so great.. But I persevere!

So far the game looks great, and it helps to get inspiration from reading the history of the battles!

I'm going straight for the Campaign game!

I should receive this one today:Panzer Battles: 11th Panzer on the Chir River....https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/178655/panzer-battles-11..., which looks similar to this DOTS game!...but more complex!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Valdez
msg tools
zerstorer88 wrote:
Thank you Juan.

But these are from the latest rule book: ST285-Duel-on-the-Steppe Vers. 4.pdf (463 KB)

And the DG website e-rules are 1 year older than this one.

Anyways no biggie.

I'm glad you like the game, some games from the magazines are not so great.. But I persevere!

So far the game looks great, and it helps to get inspiration from reading the history of the battles!

I'm going straight for the Campaign game!

I should receive this one todayanzer Battles: 11th Panzer on the Chir River....https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/178655/panzer-battles-11..., which looks similar to this DOTS game!...but more complex!

Campaign, awesome.

I recall there was some pretty good discussion ("good" => harsh) on CSW about both this game and the series, with the consensus (iirc) was it had some definite flaws, but the system could be definite contender with more development.

I've so far been fairly pleased with the magazine games I've played, which is, albeit, not that many. But I also don't expect them to be super well developed, and I don't have any problem with a few house rules here and there when things don't make sense.

If you write and post a session report, I'll definitely read it with interest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.