Popular Tags: [View All]
Manuel Ingeland
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!

It seems like I'm kind of lost here.
After rebirth, I take my future life onto my hand, right? And where is my personal deck? In my hand?
To rephrase my question, after the first rebirth onwards, there is no personal deck anymore, as my future life always becomes my new hand...right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ultra Bithalver
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
magneheeli wrote:
Hello!

It seems like I'm kind of lost here.
After rebirth, I take my future life onto my hand, right? And where is my personal deck? In my hand?
To rephrase my question, after the first rebirth onwards, there is no personal deck anymore, as my future life always becomes my new hand...right?

Count the cards in hands (after rebirth): if you have less than 6, pick as many from the well to your deck to have 6 alltogether (with your new hand).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep. After rebirth, you form a personal deck of "6 - [cards in hand]". If the number is 0 or less, you put no cards in your personal deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Ingeland
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My question is basically: Is my hand my deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ultra Bithalver
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
magneheeli wrote:
My question is basically: Is my hand my deck?

No. Your hand is the cards which are available (and, as it suggests, are in your hand).
Your deck is, as the name suggests, the cards you draw every turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Ingeland
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm...still deep silence in my head

I start the game with a hand size of 4 plus 2 cards on my deck.
After rebirth (and having used up my 4 + 2 cards, plus any drawn cards from the well), I take my future life pile as my new hand.

WHERE/WHAT is my deck now?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad103
United States
Skaneateles
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, let's assume after your first round and rebirth, you've made a 'future life' of 4 cards. When you're reborn you take those 4 cards into your hand. At this point you have 4 total cards, all in your hand. You need to have 6 total cards, so draw those last 2 cards but put them face down into your deck. Now you have 4 in hand and 2 in a new deck, totaling 6 cards!

You could end up playing every card as its point value, or its ability and end up with 0 cards in your future life. In this case you would draw all 6 cards face down into a deck for your next life.

In the rules it explains this on page 9

Quote:
Rebirth
If you’ve just moved up to Transcendence, you win! Otherwise, you are reborn:
1. Move your Deeds to the Ruins.
2. Draw all cards from your Future Life to form your new Hand.
3. Create a new Deck. If your new Hand has fewer than 6 cards in it, deal cards from the Well
to your Deck (not your Hand) so you have 6 cards total in your Deck and Hand together.
For example, if your new Hand has 3 cards in it, deal 3 cards from the Well to form a new
Deck. Do not look at these cards!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whatever cards you have in your future life become your new HAND. If that is fewer than 6 cards, you draw the difference into your new DECK to make 6 cards available to you.

This is the advantage of putting cards into your future life. Not only do you seed with preferred cards, but you will be starting with those cards immediately available to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Ingeland
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you guys!

Yes, I understand that in a way...not sure what's blocking my mind actually.

Perhaps it's my concept of a deck/my unwillingness to consider 2 face-down cards a deck

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris G
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Think of it this way if you have 6 cards in your future life you draw those into your hand and you will then have 0 cards in your deck. Through play you could end up adding more cards to your deck. Not having a deck isn't a penalty as it's generally better to have all your cards in your hand with no unknown's in your deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it allowed to have more than 6 cards in your future life? I assume your deck is just 0 then?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rattkin wrote:
Is it allowed to have more than 6 cards in your future life? I assume your deck is just 0 then?

Yes, there is no limit to your hand size/future life. Though it will probably be rare.

One thing that took us some getting used to was skipping your turn to conduct your rebirth, and then drawing a card at the start of your next turn. So, in effect, the first hand you can play after rebirth is your old future life pile plus one card from your personal deck (assuming you have a personal deck). I'm not sure why we couldn't parse that. But it makes perfect sense when you fail to plan for a future life (or those cards get ruined). Allowing you one draw gets at least one card into your hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Ingeland
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, we still keep forgetting to draw that one card from our new deck (in case our former future life - now hand has less than 6 cards)...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.