$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
33.4% of Goal | 27 Days Left

Support:

Adrian Schmidt
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played the first world - World 123 - against myself (again) in order to learn the game and practice the setup. I made sure not to use the introduction guide for this world that's provided in the rulebook, but to set it up like any other of the worlds, by just piecing together the rules of the different modules. It didn't feel too difficult, but I was of course strongly aided by having set up and played the same world only two days prior.

Pictured: The board at the end of the game.

These where my scores with the two players respectively:

White: 57 points.
Green: 46 points. (Sorry Friedemann, for not including green in my first playthrough. What was I thinking?)

White had $610 at the end of the game. Green had $365.

Compared to the last game, I felt that I played the two different players more along the same lines, although white ended up getting the movement privilege and upgrading to full speed before upgrading trolley size, while green upgraded to 5 movement, then trolley size, then to 7 movement.

However, the difference between player scores, and also money, at the end of the game, was much bigger than in my last playthrough.

One thing that I got wrong in the last playthrough was that I thought both players could build a settlement on the same tile, but after reading the rules again, I believe this is wrong. Only one player can settle a tile, which means the next player to get there can't get income from placing a settlement. I think this was the main reason for the bigger difference in score in this playthrough.

I must say, I really like this game, and I'm eager to try other worlds. The big downside is the insane amount of setup time the game requires. For every new world, you need to read the rules for the modules and piece together which components are used, what goes where, and which actions are allowed. If I'm ever to get this to the table with other people, I will absolutely have to setup the game beforehand. Pulling this box from the shelf halfway through game-night just isn't going to happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
SpecularRain wrote:
One thing that I got wrong in the last playthrough was that I though both players could build a settlement on the same tile, but after reading the rules again, I believe this is wrong. Only one player can settle a tile, which means the next player to get there can't get income from placing a settlement. I think this was the main reason for the bigger difference in score in this playthrough.

I think you are half-right: more than one player can settle a tile, but you only get income if you settle an empty tile.

123 rules page 5 wrote:
All players may have 1 settlement on
the same tile, but only the player placing his settlement
on an empty tile gets additional income in
this world.

2 TOPII rules page 13 wrote:
Additionally, the player may place 1 settlement
on a tile when he moves there with his
transport trolley to get an additional income in
Phase 3 H.

Additionally, the player gets one-time only money for each settlement which he placed
on an empty tile during this turn

(i.e. there is no statement that you cannot settle a non-empty tile; only a statement that you don't earn income for doing so.)

=====

Quote:
I must say, I really like this game, and I'm eager to try other worlds. The big downside is the insane amount of setup time the game requires. For every new world, you need to read the rules for the modules and piece together which components are used, what goes where, and which actions are allowed. If I'm ever to get this to the table with other people, I will absolutely have to setup the game beforehand. Pulling this box from the shelf halfway through game-night just isn't going to happen.

After you've gained some experience, setup and rule-grokking goes much quicker. But yeah, the setup is generally fiddly compared to many games.

And it takes up a lot of table space!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.