Popular Tags: But_Hillary_did_it! [+] [View All]
Jason Reid
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll link to the most generous version of the story I could find:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/10/27/trump-should-just...

Quote:
Republican candidate Donald Trump joked with supporters in Ohio Thursday that next month's election should be canceled and he should automatically be made president.

"Just thinking to myself right now, we should cancel the election and just give it to Trump," the real estate mogul said in Toledo, where he held one of a series of rallies in the battleground state.

CNN, and most other outlets, left out the assumption that he was joking:
http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/27/politics/donald-trump-cancel-e...

Quote:
Donald Trump, trailing his opponent in key battleground states polls less than two weeks from Election Day, said Thursday he'd like to "cancel the election" and be declared the winner.

"Just thinking to myself right now, we should just cancel the election and just give it to Trump," the Republican presidential nominee said during a rally here on Thursday.

Not that I care either way. At this point I'm starting to consider that Trump might actually be trolling the GOP. I mean, while I'm sure that the election is out of reach for him, I haven't held out that much hope for an actual "wave election" no matter what the polls say right now. Races tend to tighten in the final weeks. All Trump has to do to protect the GOP in Congress is not make things worse.

But man he keeps putting out more stupid, quotable shit for us to have fun with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snoo Py
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
You libtards really don't get it: everytime you report an outrageous or stupid comment from the Donald, in fact it turns out that he was only joking, you humorless leftist. His humor is way to subtle for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Joe Cool wrote:
You libtards really don't get it: everytime you report an outrageous or stupid comment from the Donald, in fact it turns out that he was only joking, you humorless leftist. His humor is way to subtil for you.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-franklin-stephens/i-am-th...

Quote:

To all of you who use it, let me say it one more time, THE R-WORD HURTS. You don’t have to aim the word directly at me to hurt me and millions of others like me who live with an intellectual disability. Every time a person uses the r-word, no matter who it is aimed at, it says to those who hear it that it is okay to use it. That’s how a slur becomes more and more common. That’s how people like me get to hear it over and over, even when you think we aren’t listening.

So, why am I hurt when I hear “retard.” Let’s face it, nobody uses the word as a term of praise. At best, it is used as another way of saying “stupid” or “loser.” At worst, it is aimed directly at me as a way to label me as an outcast — a thing, not a person. I am not stupid. I am not a loser. I am not a thing. I am a person.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Joe Cool wrote:
You libtards really don't get it: everytime you report an outrageous or stupid comment from the Donald, in fact it turns out that he was only joking, you humorless leftist. His humor is way to subtil for you.

Just because he is "joking" doesn't make it any let outrageous or stupid.

BTY aside from your offensive word used to describe liberals, it is wise to check your spelling when attacking others. The word is spelled subtle. Makes you seem less a complete moron that way.

Just a thought

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ImaSokpupet wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Seguin
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ImaSokpupet wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:
Joe Cool wrote:

Quote:

To all of you who use it, let me say it one more time, THE R-WORD HURTS. You don’t have to aim the word directly at me to hurt me and millions of others like me who live with an intellectual disability. Every time a person uses the r-word, no matter who it is aimed at, it says to those who hear it that it is okay to use it. That’s how a slur becomes more and more common. That’s how people like me get to hear it over and over, even when you think we aren’t listening.

So, why am I hurt when I hear “retard.” Let’s face it, nobody uses the word as a term of praise. At best, it is used as another way of saying “stupid” or “loser.” At worst, it is aimed directly at me as a way to label me as an outcast — a thing, not a person. I am not stupid. I am not a loser. I am not a thing. I am a person.

What a retarded thing to say.

You should be glad you hide behind that sockpuppet shield of yours. If people knew your real identity, you might not be able to live such a sheltered life in your parents' basement.

Thanks for being an asshole.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snoo Py
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
Kumitedad wrote:
Joe Cool wrote:

BTY aside from your offensive word used to describe liberals, it is wise to check your spelling when attacking others. The word is spelled subtle. Makes you seem less a complete moron that way.

Just a thought

Errr... Maybe my post is sarcastic, no?
That said, "libtard" is frequently used in this forum without any reaction, what happened today?
(And thanks for the spell check)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
msg tools
Trump is an idiot. Can't believe he is the Republican nominee. Christ, what a shitty choice voters face Nov. 8.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BJ
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
You are full of poisonous refuse and insane foolishness.
badge
I had not supposed or expected your arrogant spirit to seek such a ridiculous and childish reason for lying; you should have better reasons.
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:

Mac, Joe Cool is an idiot lefty. He was probably trying to be ironic or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Thanks for the rent-free space in your head. Would have been nice if you'd cleaned it up a bit before you rented it out, though.
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this one of those cases where the press takes everything Trump says literally, while taking everything Hillary says figuratively?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 8 27 Feb - 1 Mar 2015 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk Essex Games 27 Jul '15
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course it's a joke, albeit one of those "if only" jokes.

But that Trump has made it, tells you one of two things (or of course at least some of both): he's so clueless he doesn't know this is one of those things that even if you think it, you don't say it, or politics has devolved so much that you can actually say that to your advantage.

(Of course his core support clearly want to hear such things - he commented himself that they wanted to hear "when" not "if" he won - but core support does not an election win.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dearlove
United Kingdom
Isleworth
Middx
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Joe Cool wrote:
Kumitedad wrote:
Joe Cool wrote:

Just a thought

That said, "libtard" is frequently used in this forum without any reaction, what happened today?

What happened today is that the people who use "libtard" are basically established here and senile. You are no so the pressure came on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snoo Py
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
bjlillo wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:

Mac, Joe Cool is an idiot lefty. He was probably trying to be ironic or something.

So you know how to read, he?
And I am not a lefty, just making fun of Donald and his supporters. Not the same thing as being a lefty.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snoo Py
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
DavidDearlove wrote:
Joe Cool wrote:
Kumitedad wrote:
Joe Cool wrote:

Just a thought

What happened today is that the people who use "libtard" are basically established here and senile. You are no so the pressure came on.

Now that makes sense, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really dislike Trump but this seems like a bunch of nothing. While I hate it when he says completely inappropriate and mean things about women or minority groups, or whatever, and then later calls it joking, I really don't see much here to be upset about with this particular joke. It seems like just a bad joke, and there isn't much to be offended about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Thanks for the rent-free space in your head. Would have been nice if you'd cleaned it up a bit before you rented it out, though.
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
jeff brown wrote:
I really dislike Trump but this seems like a bunch of nothing. While I hate it when he says completely inappropriate and mean things about women or minority groups, or whatever, and then later calls it joking, I really don't see much here to be upset about with this particular joke. It seems like just a bad joke, and there isn't much to be offended about.

But people need to exercise their outrage glands. And apparently Hillary Clinton's Giant Money Machine is off-limits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeff brown wrote:

Have to agree here. Trump's a complete piece of shit for so many other reasons, and this or that dumb joke is so low on the outrage scale.

Now, if he starts "just joking" that the United States government is overrun by corrupt liberals and needs a thorough cleaning out from outside with armed insurrection -- meet at the Trump DC Hotel beer hall at 6! -- then it's a different story.

But for now, God, this is more of Trump just finding more ways of being a clueless idiot before he's finally, mercifully gonged.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Reid
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dearlove wrote:
Of course it's a joke, albeit one of those "if only" jokes.

But that Trump has made it, tells you one of two things (or of course at least some of both): he's so clueless he doesn't know this is one of those things that even if you think it, you don't say it, or politics has devolved so much that you can actually say that to your advantage.

(Of course his core support clearly want to hear such things - he commented himself that they wanted to hear "when" not "if" he won - but core support does not an election win.)

Exactly. As I stated in the OP, I don't really care about the comment. Putting in "Trump joked" is clearly editorializing on the part of Fox, but again he's losing so Big League that it doesn't even matter.

I just think it's funny that he's still pouring gas on the fire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:

I knew he was trying to be ironic.

But if even theDashi is trying to avoid using it, then exercising a little freedom of speech against use of the term is appropriate for anyone using it.

I'm trying to put a human face on the issue when people (of any stripe) use the term. Most people don't want to hurt others but in text they can't see the people being hurt.

Using something generic like "asshole" or "jerk" or "mother fucker" or won't cause pain for a specific group of people and their friends and relatives. And you can honestly say you are being nice when you call someone a "stupid brainless idiot liberal".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On topic- it's NOT an appropriate thing for a presidential candidate to joke about.

It's horrifically wrong. If anyone besides trump had said it, it would do serious damage to their political campaign and maybe their political career.

You don't joke about things like that in public while sober when you are running for office.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Parsons
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It took all the way to the 12th post before the "but Hillary" kicked in. It's like you're not even trying anymore. Maybe you guys are getting as tired of that hypocrisy as the rest of us?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Prewitt
United States
Granada Hills
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:
Trump is an idiot. Can't believe he is the Republican nominee. Christ, what a shitty choice voters face Nov. 8.

Yeah it's pretty sad. This is really the best either part can muster? Wtflmao.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georg von Lemberg
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
Joe Cool wrote:

Quote:

\

I doubt anyone here uses the word "retard" to mean a person born with a disability. To claim otherwise is disingenuous.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J J
Australia
flag msg tools
gvonl wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:
Joe Cool wrote:

Quote:

\

I doubt anyone here uses the word "retard" to mean a person born with a disability. To claim otherwise is disingenuous.

No, they mean an idiot loser, a non-person that can simply be dismissed out of hand. And why do they choose to attach that particular word to that sentiment? Because that's what being retarded means to those people. They think that being retarded makes someone a lesser person - not simply intellectually, but in all ways. I'll let you figure out for yourself why that is a bad thing.

(rinse and repeat with assorted misogynistic terms and being female instead of retarded if that still mystifies you too)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gvonl wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:
Joe Cool wrote:

Quote:

\

Well, as one person who is hurt by the issue said,

Quote:

If you feel it's okay to use it anyway, despite knowing how much pain it's use causes other humans, I can't stop you.

All I can do is make you aware use of the word "retard" and "libtard" hurts people who really shouldn't be hurt (and the people who care about them) and remind you there are many other perfectly acceptable curse words that only convey your anger and disdain for the person you are trying to target.

No one can stop anyone else from willfully being an insensitive asshole.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.