Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Francisco Gutierrez
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I've been thinking about buying into this game for a while now, and finally got around to putting together an order. I'm planning on buying the base game along with the Tank expansion, but was wondering what the extra miniatures are for.

I've read elsewhere that the artillery pieces and generals don't do anything.
Similarly, I've read that the whippit tanks aren't used in any available scenarios.

Is my information correct? How about the extra infantry? Will i need any more than those that come with the base game?

Thank you in advance,

Francisco

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Frank
United States
Bradford
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Too many games! Too many games! How can you have too many games?!?
mbmbmbmbmb
There are scenarios which include Whippet tanks in the Tank Expansion. There are also field artillery rules, as well as the German guns, in the expansion. I've seen some ideas for using the generals but not seen anything official.

Some folks like to have the extra figures and pieces for home grown/fan created scenarios. I actually just bought a second game as it seemed the most reasonable way to get the extras to work with. You shouldn't need any extras to play the scenarios published with the game, except perhaps the Whippets.

This is proving an exciting addition to the C&C universe for us. Enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
david Gorman
Ireland
flag msg tools
The generals that came with the kickstarter have no game play effects but the look nice when painted.
The field artillery 5 units from each side that came with the kickstarter edition can be used to replace some counters.
2 german field artillery come with the tank expansion and have on board rules no official scenarios require on board British ones but the same rules as for the germans could be used in home made scenarios with the british ones.
The whippets have some scenarios in the tank expansion it might be worth getting an extra male and female mark IV as some scenarios have more than 4 mk4s and if you paint the tanks an additional 2 mk4s to paint up in german colours.
The kickstarter extras for the tank expnasion was 1mk iv female and male plus the 2 german mk ivs the game comes with captured tank markers for german ones in the box
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Boersma
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If i'm not mistaken, PSC have also hinted at future "overlord" style scenarios. it stands to reason that these would require additional miniatures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.