Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think many of us know that some users aren't happy with things about this game. I'd rather have a positive discussion with people who are looking forward to this one.

So, what do you like or are excited about on this Tiny Epic title?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Waller
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pekin2121 wrote:
So, what do you like or are excited about on this Tiny Epic title?

Equal split between gorgeous artwork/components and what seems to be really solid gameplay! I've been fiddling quite a bit with the P&P and am really impressed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty McFly
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played it -- only watched the Rahdo run through -- but here's my thoughts:

The questing system is awesome and will really give me a sense of travelling the world to accomplish various things.

The temple exploration is simple and elegant, yet much more thematic that I thought it would be from looking at the PnP.

I was unsure about the movement system, but after watching the video, I think it's very effective and adds some interesting decisions.

I like that my adventurers can gain special powers to help with quests, combat, and other tasks.

The mashup of fantasy exploration strategy game and press-your-luck is interesting.

The art is just so damn cute!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Rake
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the game's mechanics are a bit better than I thought they would be. I really like the group push your luck aspect. I think there is plenty of room for expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The solo play was a surprise to me. When laid out (just from looking at the images on the KS page), the world looks vast and well....epic. I also like there are movement and item quests.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
Australia
Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
mbmbmbmbmb
My kids and I have recently played Runebound 3rd edition. We love it, but games take 2-3 hours which is a big investment with kids. Tiny Epic Quest looks to have all the element she we love but in a smaller footprint for space and time. The only thing I wonder is if the euro-ish mechanics might not click, but I think the visual design should go over well with the kids.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan B.
United States
Shelby Township
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The theme. Sure it's an adventure game that has been done before, but man this game bleeds Zelda!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guro Bjerkan
Norway
FLAKTVEIT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dannydeuce wrote:
The theme. Sure it's an adventure game that has been done before, but man this game bleeds Zelda!

That was probably one of my first thoughts when I saw this. I'm not really one to focus all that much on theme. I tend to enjoy the game regardless of how it ties up with its theme, but this is probably one of the few exceptions. I'm a huge Zelda-fan, and this here is a huge hit on all elements. The overworld, the dungeons, the items, and even the artstyle makes me think of some of the newer top-down Zelda titles like A Link Between Worlds or Minish Cap. I got madly excited just seeing the set-up and watching Rahdo's full runthrough just made me more excited.

I love the itemeeples, I think they're a fantastic idea, the art is fantastically gorgeous, and I'm a big sucker for art in games, and the mechanisms seem solid.

Only thing I don't like is that it's so long until I will be able to properly play it....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dorian B
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Quickly leaving a post here because positivity seems to be seriously underrepresented these days.

So here it goes: Looking forward to this game. Looks awesome. Beautiful artwork. Love the meeples.

Thanks for reading.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Bergenstråle
Sweden
Luleå
flag msg tools
mb
I fell in love with the ITEMeeples, I'm so very much looking forward to play this game solo and watch my kids play with the ITEMeeples and all small items
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave S.
United States
Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is my first Tiny Epic game, so I'm pretty excited. I feel like this one was built for me (well not, specifically just for me). My friends and I lived on adventure and RPG Nintendo games in the 80's and 90's and I play Zelda: A Link to the Past once a year.

Rahdo's run through did nothing but add to the excitement!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad103
United States
Skaneateles
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two of the things I'm really liking about this game began as two things I really didn't like about this game...

When I first saw the game I didn't really like the look of the map, it was too grid-like. But, then I saw how appropriate it was for the retro style game it was inspired from. As it's been mentioned, it's similarity to Zelda games is great. And the movement types go along with the map perfectly. Move along the roads on horse, move up the river by raft etc... Love it!

Next thing I noticed was the quest cards. Move here, get a prize. Move there, get a prize. Seemed pretty basic and uninteresting. But then I read the quests description and saw the reason for this placement. To 'Map The Land' you need to spread out your adventurers across the map, because they're mapping the area! To 'Train the Gryphons' you need to have your adventurers set in a diagonal pattern, because Gryphons fly in diagonal directions! And all the quests are like this, they're all thematically interesting!

I like the looks of much of the rest of the game. The team push your luck element is interesting. And the itemmeeples look awesome, and help you keep track of who can do what. I'll need to get a PnP set up and see how the rest of it plays out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.