Popular Tags: [View All]
Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Obviously it's an easy house rule, but I'm curious what the logic was to restricting embassies to only $2 if starting in Era 2. I've generally been building 2 of them (which would be $4) when I start in Era 1. Am I playing poorly?

I could probably make the same argument for Era 3 (but that's often because i have a few resources left over when I'm building my level 2 embassies so I throw in an additional level 1 embassy). What's the reasoning behind separating embassies out from other buildings in the initial setup?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Puls
Germany
Oldenburg
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
The question was indeed 2$ or 4$ at start of era 2. I've made statistics of which and how many buildings were built per era. And 1 embassy was more often the case. That is simply the answer.
And why there is a separate amount of money for the colonies is just motivated by the fact that nobody has ever achieved/tried to build 4 embassies in only era 1. And to keep the start in later eras in line with a normal game I introduced this rule.

But feel free to start with more than 1 embassy at start of era 2. You will then be able to develope quicker and you will reach the space limit problem earlier. But it will definitely not ruin the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.