Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Conner Morlang
United States
Santa Monica / Westwood
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to back the Kickstarter so bad (mostly because of Vincent Dutrait's art), but I'm worried its spot in my game library is already taken by Biblios. I try not to own games that are too similar to each other, and this appears to be the case between Medici and Biblios.

... But man, that Vincent art. I think I'll justify backing it as an "artwork" purchase and not a game purchase. Ya, that'll work for me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I own (and love) Biblios, and I've backed Medici: the Card Game.

I hadn't really thought of them as being too similar to be honest. Half of Biblios is the auction, and Medici TCG specifically takes the auction aspect away from the original Medici board game. Medici TCG has a push your luck aspect which Biblios doesn't have (or at least not in the same way).

So personally, I think they're plenty different enough to own both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grail Games
Australia
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey there
It's been a long time since I played Biblios, to be honest, but from what I remember they are very different. FYI Rahdo has done a run-thru video for you to see how it plays and decide what you think.
Thanks for your interest in the game
David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.