Subject: Single player games rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Max Maximus
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
So,

I'm fairly new to this, and am wanting the best single player games

i did read another thread a while back and came to the conclusion that Fuse might be best for me

i already have a fair amount of games, but couldn't imagine me playing any of them on my own(Pandemic for example) as they seem to be co-op games, and i'm not sure about playing a co-op game with myself

anyone else got any suggestions?

i don't want a game that takes more than an hour to play(One of the Arkham games was recommended, but it takes too long for me)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Nabedian
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
All out of bubblegum
mbmbmbmb
Elder Sign is co-op game but is still very fun solo
Scythe has an "Automa" mode where a deck of cards simulates another player
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Larouche
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
Melting souls with cuteness since 2007
badge
Lovin' N-16
mbmbmbmbmb
The oniverse series. You can't go wrong with it:
Onirim (second edition)
Sylvion
Castellion

Nautilion was just released, i have not had a chance to try it yet.

After that, Apocalypse Chaos plays really great single player. It is a very puzzly-thinky game.

My best dice game also plays very well solo, though it might be hard to find nowadays: D-Day Dice
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(ɹnʎʞ)
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game offers by far one of the best solo game experiences.

Arkham Horror: The Card Game is based on The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game's system but focuses more on storytelling and connected scenarios.

Mage Knight Board Game is widely considered to be one of the best solitaire games.

If you like wargames, the Leader Series are specifically designed as 1-player games. A campaign can be short, medium or long by your choice and because you are keeping track on a record sheet with pen & paper, you can just play a single mission in ~20-30 minutes, even put the game back on the shelf if you want to, and continue later.

There's also Dawn of the Zeds (Third edition) which I have not tested yet.

Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island works really well as a solitaire game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maximus
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
thanks for the suggestions, but a lot are an hour to play(or more), which i don't want

i'll take a look at all of them regardless, i may find something i really like in there

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(ɹnʎʞ)
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kingtreelo wrote:
thanks for the suggestions, but a lot are an hour to play(or more), which i don't want

Sorry, I forgot that part for a moment while browsing through the games in my head...

Editing my post...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daily Grind
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No one said Friday yet? Well then, Friday!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastien Maire
France
St Jean de Moirans
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Baseball Highlights: 2045
Works very well as solo (and with 2p). Quick (20-30min solo), clever, addictive cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodrigo Rangel
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Deep Space D-6 is a good single player dice game.
Tiny Epic Galaxies also has specialized Rogue Galaxy maps that act as your opponents each with different actions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wilder
Canada
North York
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could take a look at Project Elite.
It plays single player (and in multiplayer you are all kind of doing your own thing anyway).

I also enjoy Pandemic as a solo experience, usually playing two people. Forbidden Island or Forbidden Desert might be quicker if you want a really fast game (but I do Pandemic in about 30 minutes solo).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony C
United States
Holly Springs
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Baseball Highlights and Fuse. Both are very fun solo, and BH:2045 can be played in less than half an hour.
I play DC Deckbuilder a lot solo, it can be 20-30 minutes.

I play lots of co-op games by myself, but sometimes I'll admit it gets confusing - either juggling multiple characters, or just losing the flow of the game (Whose turn is it?)
Many of them however are longer than an hour (I just got Legends of Andor, and while legend 1 hasn't been longer, the future legends definitely will.)
Pandemic could be done in < an hour solo, I would expect, and playing multiple characters should be pretty easy.
Forbidden Island, very accessible solo, with 1 or multiple characters.
Elder Sign as well.
A Touch of Evil (base game) may be able to be played with 1 character in an hour - I usually play with 2 or 3.

Some of the others I enjoy either get pretty complex to manage (Sentinels of the Multiverse, I'm pretty sure I miss something every game) or may take longer than an hour (Defenders of the Realm/Last Stand, Arkham, etc).
Pathfinder the Adventure Card Game can be played in an hour, but I could see it being quite tough with just one character, and it gets a little confusing with 3-4, plus that adds setup and cleanup time so it tends to be more than an hour.

I've played a lot of console and PC RPGs with multicharacter parties so my brain leans that way a little bit.

Definitely join the 1Player Guild, lots of great info and people in there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Ferguson
msg tools
FUSEis a good little CO-OP game to solo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Taylor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We of the 1 Player Guild will be soon voting for our People's Choice Top 100 solo games. Whilst the results won't be announced until December, you can take a look at the 2014 and 2015 versions here:

Plenty for you to consider.

Colin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Malbon
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
K2 plays pretty quick solo.

At the Gates of Loyang, this is out of print right now, but it's supposed to be back in print pretty soon.

Viticulture Essential Edition plays pretty quick too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Darcy
Australia
Blue Mountains
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Viticulture Essential +1. Has an excellent 1 player mode. And will scale up when you have visitors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
April W
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Somebody recently suggested 30 Rails to me in another thread and I love it! Go to the "files" tab on the game page and you will be able to download the rules and the game sheet. You will have to print the game sheet (it fits on a single page) and you just need two dice and a pencil to play. Loads of solo gaming fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo Ron
United States
Miami
FL
flag msg tools
Friday.

I've yet to play this game, but a lot of people suggest it whenever the topoic of one player games comes up.

I'll be making a purchase tomorrow! : )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.