Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
C D

Dallas
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So here's another scenario I ran into, looking for clarification:

The text for the reaction on Robert's Warhammer reads: "Reaction: After you win a challenge in which attached character is participating as an attacker, choose and kneel up to X total STR worth of characters, where X is attached character's STR. Then, sacrifice King Robert's Warhammer."

So I have the warhammer attached to Robert Baratheon. If I am choosing to engage this reaction ability, to satisfy the x=characters strength, do I use Robert's base strength of 5 (6 with the warhammer attached)? Or do I get to use his inflated strength, by his ability of kneeled characters adding strength to him?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Munro-Chitty
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you would use his inflated strength.

Also for future strength related questions, a card will say whether it regards "printed strength" or just "strength". Just "strength" includes any current modifiers that character has, while "printed strength" disregards those modifiers.

Best
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C D

Dallas
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thank you! thanks for the comment about printed strength and strength as well... I hadn't noticed that yet. I'll keep an eye out for it during future interpretation

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Cole's answer is spot-on. For further reading, and to see where his answer comes from, look at the "Strength, Strength Modifiers" entry on page 20 of the Rules Reference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.