Subject: Pyxis Unity Resource Gain rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Connor Sturgill
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
When do the Pyxis Unity gain/generate their transmatter?

I've played a few games where they generate them before you pay upkeep costs, but upon further thinking, this seems wrong, if not entirely broken/op.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Dornian
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Huh, good question. Took a quick scan through the rules and didn't see anything there. I would argue that it's essential to get at least some of the resources before paying upkeep. So your options are to either get it all, or split it up. Splitting brings a host of problems, so I guess you get it all?

I honestly don't remember how we did it last time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Brown
msg tools
I'm not sure what the confusion is here. If at the upkeep step you generate 20 transmatter and owe 17, you gain 3. It works the same way it does for all other species. There is no gain then spend, you get the balance and then find out if you have enough, if not bankrupt. If you are playing other species that you gain money then pay upkeep you are playing wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Ferguson
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
UnalignedMagi wrote:
If you are playing other species that you gain money then pay upkeep you are playing wrong.

This is completely wrong and people get this rule wrong a lot. You actually gain your money, then pay up keep, then if you are not bankrupt, you gain science and materials. Page 24 direct from the game manual "Collect your income and then pay your civilization upkeep cost. After paying the civilization upkeep cost, collect the science and materials production."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.