Subject: Necessity of "Expansion" Boxes? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kasey HR
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Hey everyone,

Im just curious if anyone knows whether FFG has made any statements about the situation of further scenarios/DLC and tbeir relationship with the two "tile" and "character" boxes released thus far. Do we know whether the new scenarios will sometimes require that you have certain expansions or anything like that?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rindfleisch
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It hasn't been stated specifically, but I'm willing to bet when they come out with additional scenarios not tied to a specific expansion upon release they will either

1) Be usable with just the core box, and have variations if you happen to own the expansions.

or

2) Will specifically state in the description of the scenario that it requires X expansion to be played and will warn you before you try to purchase it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Full agreement. And if its case B, it would probably mostly be for expansions that have additions to the rules (like the next expansion seemingly does) as opposed to just tiles and minis. They want to make sure the maximum number of people want to buy each scenario after all. Each required expansion probably reduces the target audience by half.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven McKinney
United States
Kingsville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmb
I imagine most physical purchases will be it plus the base expansion, so most people would not feel obligated to buy the expansion all at once. The digital scenario most likely be both options to entice you to obtain more expansions.

Personally I would like to have as many variations as possible to keep the scenarios fresh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.