$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
34.7% of Goal | 27 Days Left

Support:

BJ
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
You are full of poisonous refuse and insane foolishness.
badge
I had not supposed or expected your arrogant spirit to seek such a ridiculous and childish reason for lying; you should have better reasons.
mbmbmbmbmb
Back when Hillary was coasting to a Senate seat win in 2006, she sat down with the editorial board of the Jewish Press for a discussion. The tape of that pow-wow was never released until today! In it, Hillary describes the respect she has for the will of the people when it comes to electing their chosen representatives. Here's her quote on the Palestinian elections:

Quote:
“I do not think we should have pushed for an election in the Palestinian territories. I think that was a big mistake,” said Sen. Clinton. “And if we were going to push for an election, then we should have made sure that we did something to determine who was going to win.”

As we can see with her campaign's actions with PACs, she's going to do all she can to not repeat that mistake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All other considerations aside, that was an excellent 'click-baity' title, just as you promised in the "reopened email investigation" thread! Well done!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
Nice try, Beej, but you need a clickbaity disclaimer under your post like the Huff Post on every Trump article:

Editor’s note: Donald Trump regularly incites political violence and is a serial liar, rampant xenophobe, racist, misogynist and birther who has repeatedly pledged to ban all Muslims — 1.6 billion members of an entire religion — from entering the U.S.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
Back when Hillary was coasting to a Senate seat win in 2006, she sat down with the editorial board of the Jewish Press for a discussion. The tape of that pow-wow was never released until today! In it, Hillary describes the respect she has for the will of the people when it comes to electing their chosen representatives. Here's her quote on the Palestinian elections:

Quote:
“I do not think we should have pushed for an election in the Palestinian territories. I think that was a big mistake,” said Sen. Clinton. “And if we were going to push for an election, then we should have made sure that we did something to determine who was going to win.”

As we can see with her campaign's actions with PACs, she's going to do all she can to not repeat that mistake.

As opposed to the ongoing GOP voter suppression we se in Notth Carolina, Indiana and Green Bay, and the threats of voter intimidation from Roger Stone.

Thanks for this latest bit of alt right idiocy. You guys are always good for a laugh. Come Election Day you might not find it too funny. Congrats on you continued effort to destroy the GOP and discredit the right/conservatives in the US. You are doing a heck of a job

Keep up the good work!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BJ
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
I had not supposed or expected your arrogant spirit to seek such a ridiculous and childish reason for lying; you should have better reasons.
mbmbmbmbmb
desertfox2004 wrote:
All other considerations aside, that was an excellent 'click-baity' title, just as you promised in the "reopened email investigation" thread! Well done!!!

Unlike Hillary Clinton, I tell the truth.

Pretty proud of myself this afternoon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BJ
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
she2 wrote:
Nice try, Beej, but you need a clickbaity disclaimer under your post like the Huff Post on every Trump article:

Editor’s note: Donald Trump regularly incites political violence and is a serial liar, rampant xenophobe, racist, misogynist and birther who has repeatedly pledged to ban all Muslims — 1.6 billion members of an entire religion — from entering the U.S.

Crap. I'll work on something and try to do better next time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Thanks for the rent-free space in your head. Would have been nice if you'd cleaned it up a bit before you rented it out, though.
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
The tape of that pow-wow . . .

Casual racism.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
Shaman
mbmbmb
she2 wrote:

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that noticed them doing that on every...single...trump...article.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
Quote:
“And if we were going to push for an election, then we should have made sure that we did something to determine who was going to win.”

I know this is going to come as a shock to many righties, but most people believe you can determine who's going to win an election by looking at poll results ahead of time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny O aka Johnny Soul
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Harvester of eyes, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb

I've occasionally thought of starting a thread titled: Click bait headlines I'd like to see. Along the lines of ...

43 Men Who Can't Be President Again! Number 22 will surprise you!

But nothing I can think of tops this one from the real internet...

20 Extinct Animals That No Longer Exist.

While I'm here has anyone in this forum ever heard the expression "flat parking?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keiser

Waunakee
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait... did she convert to Judaism?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Seguin
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:
bjlillo wrote:
Quote:
“And if we were going to push for an election, then we should have made sure that we did something to determine who was going to win.”

I know this is going to come as a shock to many righties, but most people believe you can determine who's going to win an election by looking at poll results ahead of time.

There is a huuuuuuge difference in knowing who is going to win (ie. "reading the polls") and DETERMINING who is going to win (especially when it involves foreigners getting involved) by actually getting involved.

That is how I read her quote initially - as though we should have "determined" who the winner would be by manipulating either the input or the output of the election itself.

But now I can also see what you are saying - that her quote was "look, we should have found a way to determine who the winner would be by researching the "polls" beforehand". Which is entirely less nefarious.

I will give Clinton the benefit of the doubt on this one, and just chalk it up to me not quite reading it properly.

Or maybe it was nefarious... whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Seguin
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
bjlillo wrote:
The tape of that pow-wow . . .

Casual racism.

Wait, no, that's not "casual racism". That's "cultural appropriation". Get your "Pre-Authorized Terms of the Perpetually Aggrieved" (PATPA) straight my friend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
scribidinus wrote:

I've occasionally thought of starting a thread titled: Click bait headlines I'd like to see. Along the lines of ...

43 Men Who Can't Be President Again! Number 22 will surprise you!

But nothing I can think of tops this one from the real internet...

20 Extinct Animals That No Longer Exist.

While I'm here has anyone in this forum besides GROGnads ever heard the expression "flat parking?"

whistle FT4"Blues Brothers"-references provided...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
chrisnd wrote:
There is a huuuuuuge difference in knowing who is going to win (ie. "reading the polls") and DETERMINING who is going to win (especially when it involves foreigners getting involved) by actually getting involved.

That is how I read her quote initially - as though we should have "determined" who the winner would be by manipulating either the input or the output of the election itself.

Yeah--that's the way the author wants you to interpret it, and so the quote is presented with the context removed. Maybe that is what she meant--I don't know--but the way it's written makes me think it's a deliberate misrepresentation.

chrisnd wrote:
But now I can also see what you are saying - that her quote was "look, we should have found a way to determine who the winner would be by researching the "polls" beforehand". Which is entirely less nefarious.

I will give Clinton the benefit of the doubt on this one, and just chalk it up to me not quite reading it properly.

Note also the disclosure at the bottom of that page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Seguin
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:
chrisnd wrote:

Yeah--that's the way the author wants you to interpret it, and so the quote is presented with the context removed. Maybe that is what she meant--I don't know--but the way it's written makes me think it's a deliberate misrepresentation.

chrisnd wrote:

Note also the disclosure at the bottom of that page.

You made my click the link (which I didn't do originally, I just read BJ's snippet because I am a lazy mother-f*&ker). I see the disclosure. At least he was honest enough to put it there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
There "broke out" a 'lively game' of Gnip Gnop as these "g`noshed"?
/surprise\ Over in the opposing "Camp Band" then "FAUX-lil Girls Field Hockey" 'manifested'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Marshall
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:
bjlillo wrote:
Quote:

Wait! What?! Are you saying there is more than one way to interpret her comment about the Palestinian election? Non contextualized comments should ALWAYS be read in isolation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
There's not enough rigging to get the clinton ship on the right course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
darthhugo wrote:
Wait... did she convert to Judaism?
..and SHE doesn't "roll" on Saturday: "Schomer Shamash!" surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lone Locust of the Apocalypse
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You'll never guess this one weird trick to avoid stupid click bait.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Re: Hillary Clinton spoke in 2006. You won't believe what happened next!! She was "fabulously fatuous!"
Altair IV wrote:
You'll never guess this one weird trick to avoid stupid click bait.
wow It's "Like" Lennon said: "Imagine ...I am the Walrus!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.