2 Posts

DETHRONED: The Real-Time Combat Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Print and Play version made well. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fco Javier Rios
msg tools
Hi everybody!!!

First of all, thanks for the great job KiteLion Games made with this game. They have all the merit of this P&P version of the game.

Mention to the user:
Eliot Carney-Seim
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher

When the Kickstarter campaign started, i loved the game from the first time and starred it to bake for it, but well, i play with a spanish group of friends and they aren't very good at english (to say the truth, my own english is very bad, sorry for that) and thinking about it, it came to my mind the idea of using the P&P version to make my own translation with Photoshop (it's bad to say that but... I'm very good with Photoshop!).

The first attempt was a shitty job, because i didn't have the high-res cards, and i didn't have all the weapon cards, so i abandoned the idea. But some time later, reviewing the status of the project... WOW a high quality P&P version of the game!!

So lets try it again!! I took Photoshop, vectorized all the cards (better to print) and translated all the text and instructions of the game.

The printed cards arrived yesterday so now.... I would like to share with you my Print and Play SPANISH version of the game!

It has my own characteristics:
-Instead of He must/doesn't have to survive text, i used a new icon of a heart (therefore the king card doesn't have text on it).
-I made a resume card for all players
-I made a card with the pre-selected games in the instructions.
-The material is 300gr Linen cards.

Here are some pictures of the weapon cards, the size of the character cards are TAROT cards and the size of the weapon cards are MINI EUROPEAN. In the pictures you can see the cards with plastic sleeves.

The final price of the printing was 45$, so now I understand more than never the difficulties that developers face when distributing a game.

I made this P&P wersion with love and a lot of time, thanks guys for the game. I'm going to try it this weekend!!!

If KiteLion Games guys want the files to use it for sell the game in Spain, only ask for it. For the rest of users, sorry, this P&P is for personal use only, i'm not going to share it without the permison of the author. If you want to play with it, come to Spain!

Saludos amigos!!

PD: Searching for printing a Cardboard Box for the game in high quality, any idea?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eliot Carney-Seim
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
THESE LOOK AMAZING!

Thank you so much for your kind words! I hope you've had an opportunity to playtest! I'll ask the rest of the team how they feel about sharing it, but I have a feeling we'd love to make that a public Print N Play!

As for a box, Something like this: https://www.thegamecrafter.com/publish/product/MediumProBox

is very popular for games w/ 2 decks of cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.