Subject: I know this game takes up a lot of table space as it is... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Allen Cordell
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But I kind of wish the Action Selection board was bigger. I was squinting and getting real close to it throughout the whole game just to see some of them clearly. As it is the icons are really small on it. Maybe I'll just do a hi-res scan and print it out bigger.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geeky McGeekface
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
For the first time in 108 years, the Cubs are world champions! Incredible game 7 victory over a valiant Cleveland team.
mbmbmbmbmb
It really could stand to be much bigger, maybe even twice the size provided. Prior to our first play, we were all kind of shocked with how small it is, particularly since the other components are so nice. That said, during our second game, there was very little squinting at the board and we had a pretty good grasp of the actions, so maybe Feuerland knew what they were doing. Of course, I haven't had to play with the board upside down relative to me yet, so I might change my mind once that happens!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loren Cadelinia
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I couldn't agree more. For a two player game, I sit side by side and put the board right between us so we can huddle over it. I haven't tried 4 players but I imagine a lot of standing up and squinting.

On a side note, I almost wish the organization of actions was a bit more intuitive for teaching purposes. If there is someone savvy enough to reorganize graphically,

-I would put the mountain strip actions up top.
-actions that require resources, such as building buildings and ships
- then I would put actions related to getting lower value tiles (market, hunt,snare etc)
- cow and sheep actions
- then I would put actions related to getting higher value tiles blue and green etc
- then emigration, playing cards etc

Not totally different than what already is, but I think much more intuitive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alan beaumont
United Kingdom
LONDON
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The long view
dyepbr wrote:
For a two player game, I sit side by side and put the board right between us so we can huddle over it. I haven't tried 4 players but I imagine a lot of standing up and squinting.
I'm not sure how you can be side-by-side and yet have the board between you, but we played a 3 player sitting 2:1 on the long sides and had no trouble at all (not even me wearing tri-focal glasses).

The bigger issue with 4 players would be downtime, methinks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Cordell
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
misteralan wrote:
dyepbr wrote:
For a two player game, I sit side by side and put the board right between us so we can huddle over it. I haven't tried 4 players but I imagine a lot of standing up and squinting.
I'm not sure how you can be side-by-side and yet have the board between you, but we played a 3 player sitting 2:1 on the long sides and had no trouble at all (not even me wearing tri-focal glasses).

The bigger issue with 4 players would be downtime, methinks.

We sat side by side and had the board between us as well... lots of huddling and squinting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.