Popular Tags: [View All]
Troy W
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Joris and Jeroen,

Any information on the print run size (actual or forthcoming) of Indonesia? If you don't feel like getting specific, are you finding that the market/orders for the reprint has gotten bigger?

Edit: I own a 2005 copy and have ordered a copy of the reprint.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joris Wiersinga
Netherlands
Leiden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
This is the 3rd print run. We had two print runs before, both in the same year, and it took us 6 years at the time to sell out the 2nd print run-- one of the reasons we are always so careful. In fact, we stored the games in bad conditions for a while and had to throw away a number of boxes soblue

The current print run is about 30% larger than those two combined, I believe, although I am not fully sure how much we made at the time.

For sure, 10 years of development in the hobby, the popularity of websites like bgg, lots of online and offline reviews, much better distribution, a webshop that actually works, and a bit of recent fame due to Food Chain Magnate all contribute towards more demand for our games than before. This allows us to embark on adventures like shrinkwrapping our games and creating specially-made (giant) wooden meeples whistle

We sell roughly the same # in Germany, which used to be one of our biggest markets, but we sell much more in the US, good amounts in France, China, Spain, Italy and more than the 1 or 2 boxes we used to sell in many other countries.

We tried to guess demand as best we could from the pre-orders. It looks like we were not too far off. Maybe we made slightly too few Zimbabwes. I expect Zimbabwe to be gone within the year, and Indonesia perhaps slightly slower, unless there are a bunch of people who waited until the "pre-order" button became an "order now" button. Zimbabwe and Indonesia sell at almost the same rate but we made a bit more Indonesia as it seemed from the initial pre-orders it would do better than Zimbabwe.

JW
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy W
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
joriswiersinga wrote:

The current print run is about 30% larger than those two combined, I believe, although I am not fully sure how much we made at the time.

JW

wow

Congratulations! I'm glad to see my favorite game company doing well, and also glad to see that many other people are discovering Splotter games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
Merlin
mbmbmbmbmb
Will all of the copies created during the third print run have the oversized wooden pieces?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen Doumen
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Click to see this player's page
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
Will all of the copies created during the third print run have the oversized wooden pieces?

Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
joriswiersinga wrote:
This allows us to embark on adventures like shrinkwrapping our games...

For some reason this just made me smile so much
I'm so glad you guys are finally getting some much deserved recognition and success!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.