Subject: Penalty result question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrea R
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi Guys,

I've been trying to play the game solo rules (old rules still) and it came to light a Penalty situation (against.. i'm still very bad with it blush ).
Anyway.. Red 10 vs Blue 3. Attacking goes with Dribbling (power 3) and i defend with a power 3 as well ending in 4+3=7 for both.

Ok.. i foul, my player 3 gets the yellow card and since Red was entering in my penalty area... well.. penalty..
Sigh..

By solo rules i randomly select the shooting card from the dribbling outcome cards having a 3+2 shoot to the right and i, of course, went for the left which gives me a result of another -.

And now the question: the rules say that under penalty condition always a -1 card has to be drawn (which goes from 2 to 1). Trying to block the ball with a - that would bring the cards to 0.

Would this mean it's an automatic goal? I ruled as yes but.. i don't know if it's officially this way.

I'm translating the rulebook and in case i would probably insert the "It can happen no cards will be drawn" or something similar to clarify. Would that be ok?

Thank you in advance
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patryk Kowalski
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Djna83 wrote:
I've been trying to play the game solo rules (old rules still) and it came to light a Penalty situation (against.. i'm still very bad with it blush ).

No worries - I am preparing the new solo variant and yesterday got crushed by the computer player 3-0

Djna83 wrote:
And now the question: the rules say that under penalty condition always a -1 card has to be drawn (which goes from 2 to 1). Trying to block the ball with a - that would bring the cards to 0.

Would this mean it's an automatic goal? I ruled as yes but.. i don't know if it's officially this way.

Correct. The goalie gets no cards so it's an automatic goal. He probably did not even move as the ball rolled into the corner

Djna83 wrote:
I'm translating the rulebook and in case i would probably insert the "It can happen no cards will be drawn" or something similar to clarify. Would that be ok?

Sure, good idea. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.