4 Posts

Shadows of Brimstone: City of the Ancients» Forums » General

Subject: Alternate gender heroes at Retail rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marcus Taylor
msg tools
mbmb
Do we know if these will come with the cards and tokens?

Or resin or plastic?

I know Flying Frog are selling them as 'previews' on their website but what about the retail versions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Simcoe
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The alternate gender heroes don't come with any cards/tokens as you don't need them, as you would already have them with the appropriate base game.

They will (unless FFP change their mind again) always be resin.

To be honest, I am pretty sure they will stay online webstore only, or at least for the foreseeable future, as I don't see the demand for them compared to normal expansion releases.

I see them like the resin depth track, they don't add anything to the game, just add a bit of visual appeal to those that want it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Daniels
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Green Angel wrote:
The alternate gender heroes don't come with any cards/tokens as you don't need them, as you would already have them with the appropriate base game.

They will (unless FFP change their mind again) always be resin.

To be honest, I am pretty sure they will stay online webstore only, or at least for the foreseeable future, as I don't see the demand for them compared to normal expansion releases.

I see them like the resin depth track, they don't add anything to the game, just add a bit of visual appeal to those that want it.

I hope you aren't correct, but I feel you may be. I had planned to hit up FFP during thr FoFo campaign to try to get them to put the alternate gender heroes in the core set. Not sure of the likelihood, but it would make the base game better, IMO, to have them available at the start.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Simcoe
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, putting both genders in the core set from the start would be the best option in the long run. Maybe they can add that as a stretch goal?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.